Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Qlik Sense Mobile - Enable/Disable mobile access by stream (or app)

greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Qlik Sense Mobile - Enable/Disable mobile access by stream (or app)

I'd like to see a configuration option on Qlik Sense streams to allow/disallow display of a stream on the Mobile App.

This would allow Admins to create specific streams/app for mobile consumption without exposing everything via Mobile (which is an I/O issue).

This is not necessarily about downloading; I would like to have streams dedicated to Mobile with lighter-weight apps.

9 Comments
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your idea. We hare identified the use cases which require other levels of controls for providing access to specific Qlik Sense capabilities, the consumption on mobile devices is not necessarily something we want to prevent, but the ability to enable/disable applications to be downloaded for offline usage is part of the items we are investigating.

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
CHansford
Luminary
Luminary

With the introduction of Mobile for SaaS, we will need a boolean on SaaS to restrict certain apps being seen in Mobile, otherwise this will impact on our ability to have apps in SaaS

The boolean could be set to show in Mobile by default and a positive action is necessary to not show in mobile.

Regards

CHris

greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

We are on QSE on-premise, but I think the capability is useful beyond just downloading or not.

It's a matter of performance. Even without downloading, some of our Qlik Sense apps are not going to run well on mobile.  Bandwidth is one thing; there is still a processing requirement on the hardware.  We try to design efficient QVFs, but there is a balance.

Any user with a mobile device (and proper security, of course) can open our Sense hub in a browser.  I'm not trying to limit that, although I do advise users that mobile devices have limitations.

Opening in the Mobile App is a different story because there is an expectation that anything available in the App will work in the App, and I've had it close dashboards due to resource requirements.  I'd like to be able to limit the set of apps available through the mobile app, if not on a mobile device in general.

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

@CHansford: The mobile app is no different than a Mobile browser session. The user could open a browser on their mobile device and authenticate the same way. That is why there is no control/toggle to prevent sessions to be started in the Qlik Sense Mobile app.

In SaaS, we do offer a way to restrict downloading apps, meaning that users can only connect live to their Qlik Sense Subscription, again the same way they do the browser.

@greg-anderson in SaaS we have created a "Mobile Collection", users can add the apps they want to see in the mobile app, and still have a way to search everything else they want. By default, the app will show them the ones in that Mobile collection.

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Part of the new Qlik Sense SaaS app.

Status changed to: Delivered
greg-anderson
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Any plans for this feature (or guidelines to create such a collection) in the non-SaaS mobile app?

CHansford
Luminary
Luminary
@Caique_Zaniolo, Actually the mobile version is slightly different to the SaaS browser version, in mobile I can download the app so it works without a connection saving the app and data to the device.

If there is no chance of a toggle to allow disallow then mobile is going to frowned upon by our IT/info security dept and certain areas of the enforcement business, that will have a knock on effect on what can be developed in SaaS

Not quite the answer I was looking for

Regards

CHris

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

@CHansford Yes, access to mobile is always enabled, but downloading apps on Mobile is controlled by a setting. If this is toggled off, no user will be able to download apps for offline usage, only access them online (same as when in the browser).

Caique_Zaniolo_0-1621282734140.png

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

@greg-anderson Collections are exclusive to Qlik Cloud. You can start leveraging these features using a multi-cloud deployment, reloading the data on-premise and publishing your apps to Qlik Cloud for consumption.