Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Quick way to visualize all fields from the same table as a visualization object

afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Quick way to visualize all fields from the same table as a visualization object

Some times to validate we need to put some fields in a simple table.

If we could have a quick way to visualize all fields from the same table as a visualization object (Straight table), it would be nice.

furtado@farolbi.com.br
6 Comments
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Yeah, like add all fields from a table / all tables worked in QlikView.
Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Hi @afurtado, when you say "export" do you mean to send the complete table data to an external file format (i.e. XSLS), or create a visualization table object with all the fields as columns?

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
afurtado
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Caique. What I want is to visualize in a table with all fields in columns.

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Furtado... I've made some tweaks to the title and description to provide more clarity.

dan_williams
Contributor II
Contributor II

Fully support this recommendation.  Having a quick easy way to select a table and either all fields or a collection of fields from the data model and placing them in a visualization table would be very helpful.  Currently we have to select Add Dimension/Measure and select one at a time which is very time consuming.  The team will many times pull data into a table visualization to simply validate or better understand the data.  The preview in the data model is limited to how much data can be seen and does not always provide a fully comprehensive outlook to fully vet information.

Meghann_MacDonald

Updating this to reflect recent changes to authoring and visualizations, and the addition of data table view with simplified authoring.

If you would like to revisit this request please submit another idea with the new information taken into account. 

Meghann

Status changed to: Closed - Archived