Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Replicate connection to an Azure Storage Account Private Endpoint

azure_kid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Replicate connection to an Azure Storage Account Private Endpoint

Azure Storage Account has the capability to be connected to over an Azure Private Endpoint, which means that the traffic does not go out to the internet, but traverses your existing network / Azure Express Route connection.

With this:

• data does not go out to the internet.
  • response times are predictable as the traffic remains on the internal network.
  • the Storage Account Public Endpoint can be closed to protect it from bad actors.
  • Internal security teams are happier with this set-up.

Azure Storage Explorer installed on the same machine as Replicate is able to connect to both Public and Private Endpoints seamlessly, a change to the Proxy and a hosts files (or DNS entry) controls this.  Replicate currently fails to connect to the Private Endpoint, check my support ticket for details on this.

9 Comments
OritCuriel
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, Can you share which target endpoint you need this support for? We have more than one endpoints nthat use Azure storage

azure_kid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, in Replicate the target endpoint connection for this feature request is [Microsoft Azure ADLS].

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Nuno_Corte
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same scenario here. Did you get a solution to access via a private endpoint?

azure_kid
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi, we are still using the Public Endpoint (internet),I am hoping that Qlik add using Private Endpoint to their roadmap and least then we know it is coming in the future.

Nuno_Corte
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I hope too. Thanks for your information.

blandry
Contributor
Contributor

Please provide an update when Qlik Replicate will support connecting to Azure Data Lake Storage via a private link. We are forced to use a public route to a public ADLS endpoint due to this limitation. 

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived