Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

SaaS Media Library

philipdoyne
Partner - Contributor III

SaaS Media Library

Hi,  It appears that in SaaS at the moment you can only attach media specifically to an app.    In Client Managed you have a library of folders that can be shared.   Is there a plan to allow media to be held in folders (in SaaS) so commonly used images can be made available to multiple apps.  I appreciate that there is a benefit of having the image attached to the app so it is there when the app is exported.   Maybe you could attach used images from the library to the InApp media area.     Possible further enhancement would be to be able to select - for a space - which of the media library folders are available to it - although you might want to set the default to ALL 🙂

Philip

13 Comments
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

@Thomas_Hopp  - is this your area? Curious - this is a great suggestions. Are there any plans for something like this?

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

it falls into mine @Michael_Tarallo and we are thinking about it as it's been part of the Spaces Design already. There are some options we are exploring and as soon as there are more details to share, I'll share them in the community. But agreed that this is something needed

Thomas_Hopp
Employee
Employee

Hi @philipdoyne as I posted as well in my comment based on @Michael_Tarallo question, this is on our Roadmap / backlog and I'll update you and the community as soon as there is more to share. I do agree that this is a needed capability.

//Thomas

Status changed to: Open - On Roadmap
philipdoyne
Thanks Thomas, Glad it is on the road map – thanks for letting me know.

Spivey

Hi @Thomas_Hopp -- is there any update you can provide on the status of this functionality?

Thanks!

Morne_Bester
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @Thomas_Hopp , Any update on this issue? 

estherl
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @Thomas_Hopp are there any updates on this? I have a number of clients who will want standardised images to be available to re-use without having to upload it with each app. Thanks

AronC
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @Thomas_Hopp. I also struggle with this and would like to get info if there are any updates. We have uploaded some icons in one app some time ago and now we cant find a smooth way to reuse them in other apps without making copies of the first app and then copy all code and sheets from the other apps.

Regards,

Aron

ElizabethP8
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Thomas_Hopp 

Do you have some news about this subject?

Thanks,

Elizabeth

dany_fr
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi @Thomas_Hopp 

Do you have any news about it? This topic is more than two years old 😄. Is there anything coming? Because it is quite tedious and messy to work in this fashion. It would be great to receive any outlook! Thanks!

Dany