Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Search and replace for master library

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Search and replace for master library

I can't believe nobody suggested this so far. We need a search and replace functionality for the master library to search and replace text in multiple master items. Similar to Expression overview in QlikView.

9 Comments
hajastek
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Expression overview is really missing feature. It would be great having the ability to search through all used expressions (titles, colors, labels etc.)!

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Thank you all for your feedback on ways to improve our product. While this is something we understand would be useful, it's not on the short-term roadmap. Please continue to show your support for this idea.

Thanks, 

Patric

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
ksmith24
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is a must have I agree

bugsysiegals
Contributor II
Contributor II

I spent 5 hours of time yesterday making mass the same change to 150 Master Items.  A find/replace could've done it in minutes.  The fact is I've had to do this several times already and I'm sure will continue to have to do this going forward as the applications is revised.  This would help us from losing our minds highlighting code, pasting, wondering if we missed a measure as it always scrolls to the top after update, etc., etc. 

I understand this isn't a priority at the moment but can you give us a workaround?  Is it possible to export the master items using an API or script, modify externally in Excel, and then import with API or script to update the master items?

thi_pham
Creator III
Creator III

Not only the master items but also other place containing formulas like dimensions, measures on charts, color expressions ... 

Anytime, we want to remove/replace the variable/formula, it's nightmare because we have to revise all objects in application to find out where it's being used.

Then, It's would be great if we have a centralized page which manage all formulas used in specific app where we can Search / Replace in formula. And might be : Version control, export / import.

Thanks.

frheblou
Contributor II
Contributor II

Agreed, but the icing on the cake would be a mass import (and export why not) of master items parameters, or a mass editing option (like a table view) with master items as row and editable parameters as columns.

This improvement would save lots of hours in app developpement.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived