Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Separation of applications and data storage (qvds) with the help of the "Data Space" feature

m4tt
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Separation of applications and data storage (qvds) with the help of the "Data Space" feature

About 10 days ago we saw the new "data spaces". We directly created a corresponding data space and filled the space with files using a qvd generator.

m4tt_0-1631819749943.png

But there were problems with the authorization of other users (and file deletion). The files could only be accessed and read by myself.

The support pointed out 2 things (and recommended to create an idea in the community):

„[…] the intended behaviour is that you should not be able to add files to it, if not by going via the Qlik Data Integration sources.“

„I got confirmation that all data space content should be managed ONLY in the Data Integration hub.“

I don't know why the management should only be possible in the data integration hub. It would be nice if I could give my colleagues access to some qvd files due to the member management view in the normal web frontend (unfortunately, after addressing the support case, the data spaces are not visible anymore in our web frontend 😕 ).

Anyway, in my opinion this would be a nice feature because then we're able to store the apps and the data in different spaces (and we don't need to use a "normal" space for the data). 

Tags (1)
2 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived