Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

SharePoint Connector August 2022 - read in multiple files (QlikSense)

laura_gmp
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

SharePoint Connector August 2022 - read in multiple files (QlikSense)

Using the new 365 connector (Version August 2022) I am able to load files individually. But reading multiple files using the Sharepoint Connector is not supported. According to Qlik Support "Reading Multiple files directly seems to be product limitation".  This basic missing  functionality, is making it impossible to use the connector!

The best case would be to make the function native and work similar to folder connections.

There is a open Community article which describes the Problem in Detail: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Connectivity-Data-Prep/SharePoint-Connector-August-2022-read-in-multip...

• Following  error occurs "badFileSize Not found", when i use this FROM Statement:

FROM [lib://Sharepoint/DemoData/Data_*.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is Data$);

• To use the ListFiles to fetch all files in a folder and to loop through fails. The generation of the file list fails and therefore no lines are loaded.

EDIT 2023-03-24: Using the SharePoint Metadata Connector  we can load from multiple files!

5 Comments
josua_treasureraiser
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

A native function to read in multiple files using the Sharepoint Connector (similar to folder connections) would be great! Good idea Laura_gmp!

AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

If ListFiles in the SharePoint Metadata Connector is returning no rows then you might need to check the parameters you're passing it - I've had issues with getting the right site / subsite settings in there occasionally.

laura_gmp
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thank you very much for your help, @AlexOmetis! I was missing the SharePoint Metadata Connector

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived