Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Support COLUMN_SETS and SPARSE Columns

Graham_Goode
Employee
Employee

Support COLUMN_SETS and SPARSE Columns

MS Replication does not support COLUMN_SETS but you can enable MS Replication for all other columns
but when you start a task to replicate a SQL table which contains SPARSE column the code checks if the table contains any columns that are sparse and will not try to process it even if we are not replicating COLUMN_SETS or SPARSE Columns.

If we allow the other columns in the table to replicate then a Source_lookup can select the COLUMN_SET and return all the sparse columns in one go

5 Comments
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Qlik Replicate PM would like to hear from addition customers using SPARSE Columns with SQL Server

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
MichaelMockus
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is common in our enterprise. We have several MSSQL sources that are very large and the only option to accommodate this was to use tools outside of Qlik Replicate. We'd love to see support for this in Replicate.

KimRickwood
Contributor
Contributor

Yes we are using SPARSE columns and I'm having issues with getting the data over in a timely manner unless the tables are in their own Replicate Task. The task has to be on a timer rather than a continuous feed which we could work with but having an additional task for each table is an admin nightmare. I have an open support case for the timing issue.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived