Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW

Support Domain Authentication for MySQL

DWeuste
Contributor III
Contributor III

Support Domain Authentication for MySQL

Qlik Replicate should support domain authentication for MySQL, Oracle and other endpoints, the same way it does for SQL Server.

We should be able to connect to a target without having to procure a local account or enter its password information.

7 Comments
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DWeuste ,

Thanks for you opening the article.

Qlik Replicate supports many different types of databases, DWH, File systems, and non-RDBMS. It utilizes the database itself client/server software to establish the connection. So the connectivity behavior depends on database's architecture and the database's c/s prerequisites, it's variable among different DBs.

Microsoft SQL Server support domain authentication (within Microsoft world) however it's not same for other DBs. You may confirm the supported authentication methods for every DB from the DB itself docs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

DWeuste
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi John,

I'm aware that not all databases support domain authentication. However, MySQL and Oracle do support it, and I am specifically interested in seeing Replicate provide the ability to leverage the feature for those two database types.

Is there a roadmap or plan for  Replicate to support this feature on either of these RDBMS's? What is the timeline?

Thank you,

- Dave W

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Dave W,

Thanks for the update. Let's wait for PM team feedback.

Regards,

John.

DWeuste
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi John thank you for the responses. When you say the PM team will give feedback -- would they post to this forum? How long does it normally take for them to respond?

Thanks again,

- Dave W

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @DWeuste ,

This is the correct place - PM Team will update us.

I just want to add a comment as I just did a sanity test around the encrypted binlogs.

Regards,

John.

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived