Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Synchronize Scrolling Between Charts

WiscoSippi
Creator
Creator

Synchronize Scrolling Between Charts

Users want to scroll different charts simultaneously. Add a feature to sync scrolling between multiple chart objects.  

For example, I have two bar charts that have the same dimensions but different measures. I have them sorted so that the dimensions are in the exact same order. However, I have to constantly scroll Bar Chart A to where I want then manually scroll Bar Chart B to the same position. There are times where applying a selection makes sense thus limiting both charts to the exact same data. However, if I ever need to compare across the values of a dimension applying selections is not feasible. 

Another benefit would be in applications of Alternate States. Allowing me to filter Table A to the rows I want to see but then Table B is in an alternate state and remains static. The tables have the same columns so synchronized scrolling would work to allow me to compare my selection to the full population.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
6 Comments
francesco_menin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

This would be nice on QSEoW too

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
flagamba
Contributor III
Contributor III

Very useful idea !

Digvijay_Singh

In fact scroll position is needed to be available at dimension level. When multiple dimensions are added as an alternate dimensions and we are switching dimensions quite often, we cannot keep scroll position at the beginning or at the end for different chart dimensions.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/Scroll-Alignment-Property-is-needed-for-each-alternate...

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived