Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

TRANSLATIONS IN QLIKSENSE STORIES

naresh_mcs
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

TRANSLATIONS IN QLIKSENSE STORIES

We are implementing the translation of dashboard into different languages that we want ,for ex: German,Dutch,Sweden,English,French.

As of now we are able to translate the dashboard to different languages by writing small function in all the labels n titles, 

function : MinString({<Index = {210}>}$(vLanguage))

How we are translating, ?

Step-1 :Writing down all the labels n titles from dashboard to excel sheeet, and  create a separate columns for our required languages

step-2 : We will write the translations for the labels & titles in that given languages also like below

Meghann_MacDonald_0-1692031406615.png

Step-3 : we then take the cross table & convert the horizontal table into vertical table, so that we can have all languages in one column & these labels/texts will be in one column

So far we are good with this translations on dashboard, now we want the same functionality in qliksense stories

As of now,i can write some text in stories, i want that text also gets translated according to end user preferred language 

if on dashboards, in labels/titles we have f(x) functionality to handle the xpressions, now we want the same f(x) functionality to handle the texts even in qlik stories as well

fyi

Meghann_MacDonald_1-1692031406657.png

i want this yellow highlighted text to gets translated

Thanks

Sairam

4 Comments
Meghann_MacDonald

Hi @naresh_mcs ,

Before submitting an idea, please read the Ideation Rules post which require 1 label per post. I will fix it this time and tag it appropriately for review.

Meghann

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II
Test
Status changed to: Closed - Archived