QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Who Me Too'd this topic

patrik_seger
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error message"CQvXmlInterfaceRequestHandler - Catch: errId(-500). Ino(-1). Fno(90)"...

This is not a question, just a brief statement so other may save time (when I didn't).

Scenario:

One existing QlikView server that is about to be phased out (old QlikView server and old Windows server version).

New Windows server (2012 R2) with new QlikView server (April 2019 SR1).

1) I put all QV Service to Stop and put into Manual mode for old QlikView server.

2) I enter the license key on the new server (after installation and everything)

3) Without me knowing, the old QlikView server starts again (probably surveillance SW that discovered stopped services and then started them again).

4) During reboot, new QlikView server will no start, and terminates. Error message in Event viewer "CQvXmlInterfaceRequestHandler - Catch: errId(-500). Ino(-1). Fno(90)".

5) Debugging, re installation and all kinds of work leads nowhere, until I get notified that the old server is up and running again. Turning it off again and everything works fine...

I guess that this could happen once in a while that two server installations accidentally uses the same licenses. I would have hoped for a better error message than this (please Qlik), and this is the reason I write here for future use.

Br Patrik Seger

Labels (3)
Who Me Too'd this topic