Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger EDX Qlikview 10

I used to run the trigger edx function posted by bbt (http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/18961.aspx) on Qlikview 9 perfectly.

However, I can't make it work on Qlikview 10. It stops at the command

objHttp.Send strKeyRequest

I read that the services have been merged. I am connected to http://myserver:4720/qtxs.asmx.

Any help on this topic?

Regards,

Marco

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Marco,
Attached is a vbs file for version 10. I cannot take credit for this, it was written by a QT collegue (thanks Michael).

You could also look into the QlikView SDK on how to use the full QMS API.

Regards,
Bjorn

View solution in original post

39 Replies
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Marco,
Attached is a vbs file for version 10. I cannot take credit for this, it was written by a QT collegue (thanks Michael).

You could also look into the QlikView SDK on how to use the full QMS API.

Regards,
Bjorn

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bjorn! That was really helpfull!!!

I could make it run again, the Username and Password were missing... However, I had to enter a specific username and password, the null value did not work out for me.

Thanks for your help!

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have a requirement where in I have to refresh the Qlikview documents as soon as my Datawarehouse loads are completed. I am planning to use the VB script provided to call the individual tasks (tasks will be tiggered by External event)

I have used the vb script to test the same through the command line by giving teh required parameters (task name and task password). My output in command line shows nothing and document is not refreshing.

Please provide some inputs on how to use the script.

Thanks

Narasimha

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am using the same file to trigger an EDX from the command line. I am receiving the following error.

<result mark="" stamp="634388104620157642"><message text="Ident not found" /></result>

Could you please help me.

Thanks

Narasimha

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I'm sorry to be such an idiot, but can you please explain how I run this script from a command line?  I can't see where I need to enter my specific taskname etc details.

Thank you!

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

I've been experimenting with EDX for a week or so. Here's how to run it -

• Save text file attached above with a file type of .vbs
  • open a command prompt (Start... Run...  and type      cmd           then enter.)
  • Type the following -

cscript "{Enter path to your .vbs script file here}\RequestEDX10.vbs" /t:"{Enter your full task name as it appears in QEMC here}" /p:{Enter password for task here}

Please note

• The user making the EDX request must be a member of the 'QlikView Administrators' or 'QlikView EDX' groups.
  • If you need to specify a particular user, change the CONST USERNAME and CONST PASSWORD lines in the script (I added extra flags to the script to allow me to enter these as parameters when I called it).
  • Unless you specify a different url for the QlikView Distribution Service, it'll default to http://localhost:4720/qtxs.asmx so you may need to add /u:"http://{Your QV Server Name here}:4720/qtxs.asmx"   to the call above.
  • You have to set the document to reload 'On external event'  in the reload tab in QEMC.
  • You don't need Publisher to make an EDX request, as I thought initially.

I hope that helps get you started.

Ben

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

That looks fantastic thanks Ben - I will try it asap and report back here.

Jason

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please explain me how to create a button which execute this EDX request ?

Thanks.

Alex.

jpengiu
Contributor III
Contributor III

On server , with cscript, all works fine. (thanks Ben)

But I don't know how create a button on client CAL for EDX request.

I think that Open url on server is the right way. Users work with IE plugin.

Help Help Help and thanks