Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem to handle data with different dates

Hi all,

I have 4 different dates in the data which indicate 4 different stages. The name of the 4 dates are:

data issue date

data received date

data released date

data executed date

All of them are in the same row with an amount.

Below is an example:

data issue date
data received date
data released date
data executed date
Amount
1-1-20151-15-20152-1-20153-1-20151000
1-2-20151-15-20152-15-20153-2-20152000

I used the data issue date as the base to create some time fields like Year, Month, Quarter, Year-month, Year-quarter, ... etc, so that I can use those time fields to control the data.

What I would like to do now is to compare the sum of the amount in the same bar chart, under the same time period, for example:

Jan 2015           Total amount of data issue date with dates in Jan-2015 (i.e. 3000)

Total amount of data received date with dates in Jan-2015 (i.e. 3000)

Total amount of data released date with dates in Jan-2015 (i.e. 0)

Total amount of data executed date with dates in Jan-2015 (i.e. 0)

Feb 2015           Total amount of data issue date with dates in Feb-2015 (i.e. 0)

Total amount of data received date with dates in Feb-2015 (i.e. 0)

Total amount of data released date with dates in Feb-2015 (i.e. 3000)

Total amount of data executed date with dates in Feb-2015 (i.e. 0)

... etc.

I have no idea what I should do in the script or in the expression in order to achieve this goal. Would you please share some lights to me to tackle this problem? Thanks for all your help first!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could try to use several calendars like in Canonical Date and/or using several set analysis expressions like:

sum({<[received date] = {">=$(=monthstart([issue date]))<=$(=monthend([issue date]))"}>} Amount)

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could try to use several calendars like in Canonical Date and/or using several set analysis expressions like:

sum({<[received date] = {">=$(=monthstart([issue date]))<=$(=monthend([issue date]))"}>} Amount)

- Marcus

maxgro
MVP
MVP

PFA

MarcoWedel

Hi,

an implementation of the proposed canonical date calendar using your data could look like:

QlikCommunity_Thread_165298_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_165298_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_165298_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_165298_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_165298_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_165298_Pic6.JPG

tabData:

LOAD RecNo() as %Key, *

FROM [https://community.qlik.com/thread/165298] (html, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, table is @1);

tabDates:

CrossTable (DateTypeTemp, Date)

LOAD * Resident tabData;

Right Join (tabDates)

LOAD Distinct

DateTypeTemp,

SubField(DateTypeTemp,' ',2) as DateType

Resident tabDates

Where DateTypeTemp like '*date';

DROP Field DateTypeTemp;

tabCalendar:

LOAD *,