Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error: Your account is inactive. Contact your administrator to activate it.

I have added users and allocated tokens to them in the QMC. The user can access the particular machine, but when they click on the Qlik Sense Hub, they get this error. Any ideas how to rectify it?

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I fixed it... but not exactly sure how...

Previously the users were listed as inactive and blocked. I changed the blocked status, resynced the user list, and added a couple of admin roles to the user. The user became "active", although I wonder whether this was due to the fact that I had tried to login heaps of times.

Any clarification on this would be great.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If the User directory connector syncs and does not recognize the user anymore, it seems to me it puts the user on inactive. This expected behavior in my opinion as you would expect a user to lose access once removed from an AD group e.g..

Not applicable
Author

I have found that my problem was the LDAP filter that probably was in the wrong format. I was passing the path to the OU where the users are , like this:

OU=SBSUsers, OU=Users,OU=MyBusiness,DC=MyDomain,DC=local

I removed the LDAP filter, Synced and all users (including some service accounts I wanted to filter) showed up in seconds!

What I should have, was a LDAP query to return users from a specific group, something like this:

Example 1: (memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com) returns all users and their attributes who are

members of the QlikPowerUsers group.

Example 2: (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(cn=Joe*)) returns all users and their attributes whose name begins

with "Joe".

Example 3:

(|(memberOf=CN=QlikPowerUsers,CN=Users,DC=example,DC=com)(memberOf=CN=QlikReadOnlyUsers,CN=Users,DC=exa

mple,DC=com)) returns all users and their attributes who are members of either QlikPowerUsers OR QlikReadOnlyUsers groups.

More info about this on this very useful document:

Qlik Sense Best Practice: User Directory Connectors

Hope this also solved your problem!

Best Regards,

Carlos Silva

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys,

I got the same problem but there is a small difference. I Load the AD-group and as the result not only the user which are included to the AD group are blocked, all users are inactive and we are locked out of the complete system. Is someone able to help me? The software provider told us that the solution will last three hours and at our expense.

It sounds like bug in the Qlik System.

The system blocked out all our Administrators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Herald,

Please let us know whats was the issue, if you get this fixed. Thanks!!

bradshields
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Harald,

I guess you got this fixed, but for other users. There is an article in the support knowledge base that can help you fix this. Search for this Admin Account Disabled After LDAP Filter Added or article 19128

Brad

padmadevi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue.

After adding new LDAP filter and syncing, all users were inactive.

Not able to login to QMC using the Service Account.

Any suggestions on this?