Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Server Migration

Hi Folks,

Just wondering if any of you have any tips / experience in moving configuration from 1 QlikSense Server to another ? (I believe I'm using Qlik Sense Server 2.0). Assuming Qlik Sense Server (2.0) have been installed on both old and new Server, will it work by simply copying the folder from old server to the new, and perhaps change the Server name in .INI file (if there's such a thing)?

Thank you for your input,

Best regards,

Anton

1 Solution
4 Replies
awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Alex. I really appreciate it.

Not applicable

Hi!

Qlik Sense administrator newbie here.  My requirement is to migrate the following setup:

• Server with Qlik Sense 2.2.4
  • Single partition (drive C)
  • Connected to my Test network

to this new configuration:

• Server with upgraded Qlik Sense 3.1
  • Multi-partition (drive C with the Qlik Sense apps, drive D with the Qlik Sense database)
  • Moved to a new Production network

As the original post is a year old, I appreciate your expert advise on the steps, especially if there are new things to pay attention to.

Thanks,

Dan

awqvuserneo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Daniel,

How many dashboards, users, and complexity of the security rules you need to bring over from Test to Prod? If it's simple enough, I would think you'd better off:

1. Build the Production environment with the latest version

2. export the dashboards from the Test, and import them to the brand-new QlikSense 3.1 server, as there could easier to work with the apps than to tinker with server.

Best regards,

Anton