8 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 10:26 AM by Daniel Rozental RSS

Change the log folder path

HI

I want to change the path of the log folders from the existing location "C:\WINNT\Profiles\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QvWebServer" to a new location

I am able to change the path for other services like publisher, distribution service,directory service, server by specifying the path in the config files but unable to do so for Qv Web server

Can anybody help me on how to do this in case of Qvwebserver

Thanks

Peter

• Change the log folder path
          Fernando Toledo

Can´t you do it trhough the enterprise console management?

• Re: Change the log folder path
            Paulo Hersan

are you using IIS or the native QlikView Web Server? I have found a way to change it for either. The IIS setup is a bit more involved though.

Changing QlikView Web Server log files

By default the QlikView WebServer logs are stored in

Windows Server 2008 – C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\

Windows Server 2003 – C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer\

QlikView WebServer

1. To change the default directory when using the QlikView WebServer
              1. Goto C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\Web Server\
              2. In the directory above, create a file called QVWebServer.exe.config
              3. Paste the following code to your new config file:

<?xmlversion="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<!-- Defaults to %PROGRAMDATA%\QlikTech\WebServer -->

<addkey="ApplicationDataFolder" value="NEW LOCATION" />

</appSettings>

</configuration>

1. Replace NEW LOCATION with a directory you have created for the new log files.
            2. Copy the existing config.xml file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\ or C:\Documentsand Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer\ to your NEW LOCATION (this config.xml file contains important configurations of your Web Server that you have already made)
            3. Restart all of your QlikView services and ensure that new log files are being created in the new location.

IIS WebServer

1. To change the default directory when using the IIS Webserver
              1. Go to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QlikViewClients\QlikViewAjax\
              2. In the directory above, edit the file called web.config
              3. Find the tag called <appSettings/>, and replace it with the following code:

<appSettings>

<!-- Defaults to %PROGRAMDATA%\QlikTech\WebServer -->

<add key="ApplicationDataFolder" value="NEW LOCATION" />

</appSettings>

Note: The <appSettings/> tag is an empty tag. It is different from the</appSettings> closing tag. Replace the empty tag with the proper code above that includes the open tag and the close tag for <appSettings></appSettings>.

1. Replace NEW LOCATION with a directory you have created for the new log files.
            2. Copy the existing config.xml file in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\ or C:\Documentsand Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer\ to your NEW LOCATION (this config.xml file contains important configurations of your Web Server that you have already made)
            3. Restart all of your QlikView services and ensure that new log files are being created in the new location.
            • Re: Change the log folder path

Hi,

i got the info from QV service desk, that we loose support if we change C:\ProgramData/QlikTech to another folder / drive.