unfortunately at the moment there is no automatic way to handle document reload. This feature is in development roadmap and will be introduced in future releases. In the meantime there is a "dirty" workaround:
1) Let's say that you have an already "Generated" connection and you want to change the related QV document (add or remove objects or data)
2) Open the related QV document from QlikView Desktop
3) Make desired changes
4) Save and close the document
5) Edit the related NPrinting connection changing the document path to a wrong one (e.g. "NP Demo.qvw" -> "NP Demo1.qvw")
6) Save the connection
7) Wait until the connection status changes into "No engines are working" and the cache status to "Error: The request was purged due to connection errors".
8) Edit the NPrinting connection again fixing the document path (e.g. "NP Demo1.qvw" -> "NP Demo.qvw").
9) Save the connection
I am also experiencing the same issue.
Qlik.NPrinting.Engine 126.96.36.199 Qlik.NPrinting.Engine.Consumer.EngineConsumer 20161004T063610.978-07:00 ERROR NPRINTSERVER 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ERROR Error opening the document 'navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://SENSESERVER/;appid=eead9ace-8ad4-468a-8630-363bc6dc19b6;identity=SENSESERVER\SENSEADMIN' \n InnerException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.QlikSenseConnectionString, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Engine.Navigator.QlikSense.ISenseNavigatorFactory])' on type 'QlikSenseContentNavigator'. ---> The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. (See inner exception for details.) \n Inner-innerException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden. \n Inner-inner-innerException: None. \n ...in connection with id: 339c5eeb-1517-4f71-a9df-cc68f01fa824 connectionString : navigator=qliksense;proxyurl=https://SENSESERVER/;appid=eead9ace-8ad4-468a-8630-363bc6dc19b6;identity=SENSESERVER\SENSEADMIN
I am running Nprinting 17.2 / Qlik Sense 3.0
Anyone have a solution.
I have a similar problem with NP 17.2 and QV 11.2 SR12 where changes in the QV app does not reflect in NP after reloading metadata. I created a support ticket and got the following answer from Qlik:
"We are aware of this bug and it will be fixed in Nprinting 17.3 which is due to be released soon. We have also seen situations where the workaround provided in the community which doesn't work for some customers. For now, reloading the nprinting engine and schedular service should fix this problem. Not a very nice workaround but it should fix it."