5 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2017 6:24 AM by Danijel Horvat RSS

    Connection failed on NPrinting engines

    Paul Wu

      Hi All,

       

      I just installed a Nprinting Server 17.3.1 and Engine on a server, I encountered “Connection failed on all NPrinting engines”  in the connection status and "Error request has been purged due to connection errors" in the Cache Status when create my first connection, checked the engine status is Online, and my account id also has the QlikView user cal, I also tested the local path but it raised the same error.

       

      Capture.PNG

       

      Checked the Engine log file, found the below error information.

       

      Error while trying to add a resolver for connection navigator=qlikview;documentpath=qvp://xxx/xxx.qvw;username=xxx\xxx;encryptedpassword="xxxx".

      ERROR: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Engine.Navigator.QlikView.QlikViewConnectionString, Engine.Navigator.QlikView.IQlikViewPool)' on type 'QlikViewContentNavigator'. ---> Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (See inner exception for details.) Inner exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Engine.Navigator.QlikView, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa3e5cc00a2bd1f0' or one of its dependencies.

       

      Could you please help?

       

      Thanks a lot!

       

      Paul Wu

        • Re: Connection failed on NPrinting engines
          Danijel Horvat

          I have the same problem. After Upgrade to 17.3.1 i can't connect to the engine.

           

          Also the services "Qlik NPrinting Scheduler" and "QlikNPrintingMessagingService" can not be started.

           

          I tried to restart the services and the server. Un- and install the Engine were not successful..

           

          Maybe a bug in 17.3.1?

          • Re: Connection failed on NPrinting engines
            Paul Wu

            Anybody can help? Thanks a lot.

              • Re: Connection failed on NPrinting engines
                Danijel Horvat

                Hey Paul Wu,

                 

                i could now start the services..

                 

                My solution, Update .net Framework to 4.62..

                  • Re: Connection failed on NPrinting engines
                    Paul Wu

                    Hi Danijel,

                    Congratulation! but the it still show the same error after upgrading the .Net Framwork to 4.62 on my server.

                      • Re: Connection failed on NPrinting engines
                        Danijel Horvat

                        Also run all services? What helped me too:

                         

                        1. NPrinting Scheduler cannot be started and/or NPrinting Engine shows Offline in the NPrinting Web Console

                        In this case this might indicate a configuration issue during the NPrinting Installation.

                        In order to troubleshoot this issue you can look at the Scheduler logs for Error: RabbitMQ message broker is unreachable Shutting down scheduler service.

                        You can then open the Rabbit CMD (or CMDcd C:\Program Files (x86)\RabbitMQ Server\rabbitmq_server-3.5.7\sbin) and type

                        • rabbitmqctl.bat list_permissions

                        If following lines are displayed:

                        Listing permissions in vhost "/" ...

                        guest .* .* .*

                        Instead of

                        Listing permissions in vhost "/" ...

                        guest .* .* .*

                        remote .* .* .*

                        Then you can run the following two command in the same CMD Prompt in order to create the "remote" user used by NPrinting

                        rabbitmqctl.bat add_user remote remote   to create the remote user

                        rabbitmqctl.bat set_permissions remote ".*" ".*" ".*"    (do not forget quotes) to give it permissions

                        After a service restart everything should work