2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2011 11:56 PM by Felipe Ruiz RSS

Resolve key synthetic in a model

Felipe Ruiz

Hi,

In the next image there's a synthetic key that i need to resolve. This is the situation:

There's a key table between two transactions tables, but also i need to connect the two tables with the field _PK_Historia_Paciente. How i can resolve this without the key synthetic.

img.png

Thanks,

• Re: Resolve key synthetic in a model
          John Witherspoon

Without knowing anything more about the data, it looks like a perfectly reasonable data model to me.  Do you need the synthetic key removed for a specific reason, or only because you were taught that you should always remove synthetic keys?

If you want these tables to be connected by both _PK_KeyTable and by _PK_Historia_Paciente, then it is probably reasonable for them to be connected by a synthetic key.  A synthetic key is simply how QlikView models a connection between tables that involves more than one field.

My opinion on synthetic keys along with some discussion and disagreement can be found in the following thread:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/10279?start=30&tstart=0

• Resolve key synthetic in a model
              Felipe Ruiz

Hi,

I solved the model like this in the attached image, but now I have the following problem;

When I select a date I get the occupation and i need  to get the "Facturacion" where  "Historia ocupación, Ingreso ocupación" is equal with "Historia facturación, Ingreso facturación". How i can do it with set analysis ?

img.png

Thanks,