9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 1, 2017 12:58 PM by Anil Babu Samineni RSS

Configurable ODBC

Robert Marino

Hello,

I tried searching for the documetation on how to setup, create tables, views in a database so that I can create users and groups in it. Is there any documetation on requierments on what is needed to be done so that users and groups can be read from a database?

My main goal is to be able to use a email address as a userid. Hopefully the documetation will tell me if it is possible or not.

I'm using Qlikview Enterprise Server 11

Thanks

• Re: Configurable ODBC
          Daniel Rozental

This is what the help says about it.

Configurable ODBC

The Configurable ODBC directory service provider can connect to ODBC databases. This folder includes only a General tab.

The ODBC database has to have two tables, or two views; one for entities and one for groups. Theentity table has to contain the following fields:

• entityid (unique identifier, suitable for primary key)
          • name (string)
          • descr (string)
          • email (string)

The groups table has to contain the following fields, which together create a unique identifier:

• groupid
          • memberid

Directory Service

Add

To add a Configurable ODBC entry, click on the Add icon, , to the right in the pane, and configure the following text boxes:

• Path
            To configure the path to the directory service, click on the Get Default icon, , to use the default path, or enter a valid path in this text box.
            Default value: ODBC://localhost.
          • User Name
            To configure the user name used for accessing the directory service, enter the desired credentials in this text box.
          • Password
            To configure the password used for accessing the directory service, enter the desired credentials in this text box.
          • Settings
            To configure the Directory Service Provider (DSP) Settings, open the dialog by clicking on the Edit icon, , and enter the desired values in the following text boxes:
            • Cache Expiry in Minutes
              Set the time for how long the queries to the directory service should be cached.
              Default value: 15 (minutes).
            • Connection Database Name
              Set the name of the ODBC database to connect to.
              Default value: dbname.
            • Data Source Name
              Set the name of the ODBC driver.
              Default value: MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver.
            • Directory Label
              Set the label of the directory service to connect to.
              Default value: DB DSP.
            • Entity Name
              Set the name of the entity to connect to.
              Default value: entity_name.
            • Entity Table Database Name
              Set the name of the entity table to connect to.
              Default value: entity.
            • Groups Table Database Name
              Set the name of the table named groups to connect to.
              Default value: groups.
            • Override Connection String
              If entering a string in this field, the entered value will be used, while the settings in User Name,Password, Connection Database Name, and Data Source Name will beignored.
              Default value: Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb)};Dbq=C:\AccessTest.accdb;.
            • Service Timeout in Seconds
              Set the timeout for the connection to the directory service.
              Default value: 30 (seconds).

Note! Valid value(s) must be entered, which might be indicated with a red asterisk and a tool-tip error message.

Hi,

I am trying to connect to MySql database through ODBC driver MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver.

Do I need to create two tables for entities and groups in MYSQL database?

Currently,I do not have Database Name,Directory Label,Entity Name and Groups Table Database name.

I have the ip of the database and  username and password.

rakhi agrawal

Hi,

Can you tell how groups table is used? I have created a group table and mapped it in ODBC Configurable section. I have an entry in group table but that doesn't show up in Users tab in QMC. Also, I am not able to search that group in QMC. I can see users i have in entity table but not groups. Please help.

Rakhi

Bill Britt

Hi,

See if this will help.

Bill