• 149,737 Solutions
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

Welcome to Qlik Community

Recent Discussions

• forum

App Development

iam not getting previous year data

i have tkt_code, amount, cm2, cost of extras like so many columns are there.  recently for new developemnt we have ew materail and materail desc, beca... Show More

i have tkt_code, amount, cm2, cost of extras like so many columns are there.  recently for new developemnt we have ew materail and materail desc, because of each tktcode have have different materail description., suppose one tkt code has 6 materaildesc, i have 6 rows of data for each tktcode, amount, cm2 is also same value repeat 6 time beacuse of 6 rows of tkt code lines. 

previously directly sum(amount) , it will give vlaue, now i will take same formula if will high value, with same values repeted so many times, so that i need to take sum( distinct amount) for each tkt code. iam using below it is working fine.

Sum(Aggr(Only(amount), tkt_code))

i have created mastercalender in data load editor and have period in that have ytd , mtd, qtd,month year. for my ytd is default state always.

iam using below formula. to ytd data

Previously formula before adding materail description using below formula to get cytd and pytd data- both are working fine

sum({1<CYTD ={1}>}amount), sum({1<PYTD ={1}>}amount),

now iam using below below formula

Sum(Aggr(Only({1<CYTD ={1}>} amount), tkt_code)) - working fine

sum({1<PYTD ={1}>}amount)- this formula still works fine, but i should n't use this it will giveworng results, i need  distinct amount of data for each code ticket code.

Sum(Aggr(Only({1<PYTD ={1}>} amount), tkt_code)) - not getting data,

Kindly help me to sort above formula, do i need to do any thing in the backend(dstatload editior) or in front end. i need to distinct sum of amount for each tkt code for previous YTD. iam attaching sample file. Please help me to resolve the issue

@BrunPierre 

Show Less
  • forum

Deployment & Management

Tabular Reporting - Creating a Filter based on a dimension

When trying to create a filter in the 'Filter' section of Reporting, I have trying to filter based on a dimensional value. When I select the dimension... Show More

When trying to create a filter in the 'Filter' section of Reporting, I have trying to filter based on a dimensional value.

When I select the dimension, it just appears as my if statement in the dimension.  I chose search, evaluate, etc. to find the value that I want but it keeps telling me it is invalid.

How do I filter based on a dimension

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Reporting Service

Qlik Reporting according the selections in App

Hi, I created a report in Reporting section with recipients, after that I created a report task without filter, how can I send the report with my sele... Show More

Hi,

I created a report in Reporting section with recipients, after that I created a report task without filter,

how can I send the report with my selections in the App?

when I'm making my selections in the App and sending the report, the report generate without my selections and contain all the data, ignore my selections. how can I fix it?

thanks

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Calculate the month to date value

Hello Everyone, I have a question for Qlik sense. I have a table that has a Date column and a quantity column. I need to create a master Item that cal... Show More

Hello Everyone, I have a question for Qlik sense. I have a table that has a Date column and a quantity column. I need to create a master Item that calculates the month to date quantity. 

I am attaching an Excel file that has those 2 columns and also the column of the MTD that I need to calculate as a master item

Can you please Help ?. Thanks

Show Less
  • forum

Move to SaaS

Handling app support like reloads, when you can't change the owner

Hi there, We are looking to deploy existing Qlikview/QlikSense apps and build new QlikSaaS apps on QlikCloud. We currently have a large third party te... Show More

Hi there,

We are looking to deploy existing Qlikview/QlikSense apps and build new QlikSaaS apps on QlikCloud.

We currently have a large third party team supporting Qlik. They have access to QMCs via a specific AD group, so they are able to reload task chains/apps if they fail. They also have access to the servers/ folder structures, so they can make fixes to apps and can then deploy new versions.

However, we have learnt in QlikSaaS, the owner of a published dashboard cannot be changed and is alao single user. As only this owner can start a reload and overwrite a published app (we think) ... We wondered how an external support team can continue to do reloads and make changes as part of incidents?

Is any one else in this situation? Or are there some different approaches you are taking to support and maintenance?

Thank you!

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Allocate value from Hierarchy level to a lower lever

HI   I've created a hierarchy based on Task ID   Hierarchy ( TaskId,TaskParentTaskId,TaskName,'ParentTask')   On the first level of the hierarchy ther... Show More

HI

I've created a hierarchy based on Task ID

Hierarchy ( TaskId,TaskParentTaskId,TaskName,'ParentTask')

On the first level of the hierarchy there is an additional field that I could do with pulling down to all levels below it :

if(TagName = 'CME','CME',

if (TagName ='NPD', 'NPD',

if (TagName='Non-Contract Specific','Non-Contract Specific',''))) as ProjectType_TAG,

if(TagName = 'UK','UK',
    if (TagName ='APAC', 'APAC',
    if (TagName='RoW','RoW',
    if (TagName ='Americas', 'Americas')))) as Region_TAG

This tag only appears on the 'parent' of the hierarchy (essentially I'm pulling through a task list - all the subtasks should have the same data but the source does not contain that). The TagName contains several key words so I'm only looking for specific ones.

In the example below anything with an xxx should contain the same data as the related TaskName e.g. Subtask1 should have the same Region_TAG as TaskName1 - is this even possible? At the moment I'm losing data in my charts if I try to filter on Region/project type tags which is understandable but I want both!

Task ProjectType_TAG Region_TAG
    TaskName1 CME UK
    Subtask1 xxx xxx
    Subtask1.2 xxx xxx
    TaskName2 NPD RoW
    Subtask2 xxx xxx
    Subtask2.1 xxx xxx
    Show Less
  • forum

Integration, Extension & APIs

Need Help Retrieving Export Activity Logs from Qlik Sense Cloud via Audit API

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on retrieving user data related to the export of data, images, or PDFs in our Qlik Sense Cloud environment. I have ... Show More

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on retrieving user data related to the export of data, images, or PDFs in our Qlik Sense Cloud environment. I have set up a connection for auditing purposes as per the guidelines in the Qlik Developer Portal, but I am struggling to find the specific information regarding user exports.

Despite setting up the audit connection, I'm unable to locate or retrieve logs that detail when users export data, images, or PDF files.

Here’s what I have tried:

• Set up an audit API connection following the official Qlik documentation.
    • Attempted to query the audit logs looking for export actions but could not identify the right parameters or event types related to exports.

Could anyone provide guidance or share examples on how to properly query the Qlik Sense Audit API to capture these specific user activities? Any tips on the types of filters or API endpoints to use would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Nick

Show Less
  • forum

New to Qlik Analytics

Trouble with Incremental Data Loading into QVD File

Hello community, I'm having trouble adding incremental data into a QVD file named YH1.qvd. Here's the code I'm using: TableYH1:Load *FROM [lib://DataF... Show More

Hello community,

I'm having trouble adding incremental data into a QVD file named YH1.qvd. Here's the code I'm using:

TableYH1:
    Load *
    FROM [lib://DataFiles/YH2.qvd]
    (qvd);

concatenate

LOAD
    FROM [lib://DataFiles/YH1.qvd]
    (qvd);

store TableYH1 into [lib://DataFiles/YH1.qvd] (QVD);

The issue is that I'm unable to change YH1.qvd. Can someone help me understand what's wrong?

Regards
    Bhavya

Show Less
  • forum

Qlik Replicate

Bit type extraction

Hello, Im tring to extract data from one table and I have problems in this process related of one column. The problem is in the DB i have configurated... Show More

Hello, Im tring to extract data from one table and I have problems in this process related of one column. The problem is in the DB i have configurated this table like a Bit but when I extract it, the column arribe in the data lake as a Boolean. This is normal or I can extract like a bit?

Thnaks 

Pau

Show Less
  • forum

Water Cooler

High Five - May 2024, Maxime Piquet

Hello May! We are halfway through 2024. This month's focus is on a rising star. A member who joined the Qlik Community not seven months ago has alread... Show More

Maximum.jpegHello May! We are halfway through 2024. This month's focus is on a rising star. A member who joined the Qlik Community not seven months ago has already posted over one hundred times. You can see him on the monthly leaderboard. Many of the answers he’s provided are marked as accepted solutions. He shows his appreciation regularly by liking others' posts. This May, we are featuring a Qlik Partner and a Community member with a rank of Creator II, Maxime Piquet, AKA mpc.

Check out our rising stars story:

Allow me to introduce myself; I'm Maxime. As a seasoned data consultant, I've been harnessing the power of Qlik tools since 2016. My journey began with QlikView 11.2, followed by Qlik Sense in June 2017, and then Qlik Cloud. I've honed my skills in various areas, including app development, optimization, architecture, administration, upgrade, and migration. I'm proud to say that I'm newly certified.

When I embarked on my Qlik journey, the Community became my guiding light. It was my go-to for knowledge enhancement and assistance. Today, I'm privileged to give back and support my fellow Qlik Community members. Sharing and helping are not just values I hold dear but also ones that my company cherishes.

I like to eat, drink, and repeat. I enjoy strength training and climbing. I love cooking, mechanical work, and sports. In addition, I enjoy DIY projects and the watchmaking industry. I’m curious, and I love to discover new things! Share with me your hobbies!

Please show Maxime how much we appreciate his contributions to the Qlik Community. He is an inspiring example of a rising star. Like and comment, and, as Maxime said, share your hobbies.

Thank you, Maxime, for being our May featured member. @Jamie_Gregory @calebjlee @nicole_ulloa @Melissa_Potvin @mpc 

Show Less
Leaderboard

Customer Story

Qlik Data Integration & Qlik Replicate story

Qlik enables a frictionless migration to AWS cloud by Empresas SB, a group of Chilean health and beauty retail companies employing 10,000 people with 600 points of sale.

Customer Story

Building a Collaborative Analytics Space

Qlik Luminary Stephanie Robinson of JBS USA, the US arm of the global food company employing 70,000 in the US, and over 270,000 people worldwide.

Location and Language Groups

Choose a Group

Join one of our Location and Language groups. Find one that suits you today!

Collaborate

Healthcare User Group

Healthcare User Group

A private group is for healthcare organizations, partners, and Qlik healthcare staff to collaborate and share insights..

All are welcome

Japan Group

Japan

Qlik Communityの日本語のグループです。 Qlik製品に関する日本語資料のダウンロードや質問を日本語で投稿することができます。

Request to join

Brasil Group

Brazil

Welcome to the group for Brazil users. .All discussions will be in Portuguese.

open to all

Blogs

Community News

Hear from your Community team as they tell you about updates to the Qlik Community Platform and more!