QGA can consume geodata from many different sources, here's what's needed to use a TMS a background map in QGA.
Start with specifying the source. In this case the source is a TMS from ArcGIS Online: World_Topo_Map.
- The TMS service is specified as a url with parameters for X, Y as Z, which specifies the position of the map image and the scale level. At ArcGIS Online the start tile is defined as: https://services.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/World_Topo_Map/MapServer/tile/0/0/0 with z, y, x as the order of the last parameters.
- Exchange the last part of the parameters and format as a string, this is the Tile Service URL:
- Create a map view and a geodata layer
- For the geodata layer specify the Tile Service URL and Source format: TMS and Tile Size: 256.
- Don't forget to include the copyright text some where in the app, in this case the attribution should be:
Sources: Esri, HERE, DeLorme, Intermap, increment P Corp., GEBCO, USGS, FAO, NPS, NRCAN, GeoBase, IGN, Kadaster NL, Ordnance Survey, Esri Japan, METI, Esri China (Hong Kong), swisstopo, MapmyIndia, © OpenStreetMap contributors, and the GIS User Community
See also the two attachments, example apps for Qlik Sense and QlikView.