Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot table with a lot of Dimensions - is it possible o tadd scroll bars to dimensions?

Hi all,

as the title suggests, I have a pivot table with a lot of dimenions and only 1 or 2 expressions.
I would like there to be a scroll bar allowing me to make the pivot take up a set space on my page so that users can scroll along the dimensions.

I cannot find a way to do this. Does anyone know if it is possible?

thanks in advance,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Matt,

Unfortunately, there is no scroll bar for dimensions... The only way around it is converting some of the dimensions into Expressions. The best way to do it is using function only() .

If you have so many Dimensions, I'm pretty sure that not all of them are needed for Pivoting, Collapsing etc... Some of them are there just as attributes - for example, if it's a list of Orders, and you have an Order Number, and a Date, and Customer Number, and Customer Name - all the Dimensions beyond Order Number are simply Attributes. Those are good candidates to be converted into Expressions.

hope it helps,

Oleg

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Matt,

Unfortunately, there is no scroll bar for dimensions... The only way around it is converting some of the dimensions into Expressions. The best way to do it is using function only() .

If you have so many Dimensions, I'm pretty sure that not all of them are needed for Pivoting, Collapsing etc... Some of them are there just as attributes - for example, if it's a list of Orders, and you have an Order Number, and a Date, and Customer Number, and Customer Name - all the Dimensions beyond Order Number are simply Attributes. Those are good candidates to be converted into Expressions.

hope it helps,

Oleg