Team,  Measure, Rank based on Measure

e.g.

Team 3,   15,   1

Team 1,   17,   2

Team 5,   25,   3

Team 4,   34,   4

Team 6,   54,   5

Team 2,   75,   6

If Team is selected as a filter, is there a way of just displaying  the selected Team and the Team above and below the selected Team.

We're looking to NPrint a report to various teams and show a snapshot  of their rankings against their nearest competitors, say 5 teams above and below their own ranking.   

Thanks

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

As below

load * inline [
Team,Amt,Rank
Team 3,15,1

Team 1,17,2

Team 5,25,3

Team 4,34,4

Team 6,54,5

Team 2,75,6
];
exit Script;

In Chart:

Dimension

=Team

Measures

Above 2

=if(rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) >= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))-2,1)
and
rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) <= sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))
, rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) )

Below 2

if(rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) >= sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))
and
rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) <= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))+2,1)

Selected Team 4 which is Rank 3 based on sum(Amt)

Above 2 showing teams with rank 1,2,3 

Below 2 showing teams with rank 3,4,5 

Capture.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

As below 

=if(rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) >= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( -(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2),Team))-2,1)

and

rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) <= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( -(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2),Team))+2,1)
, rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) )

Vineeth Pujari

View solution in original post

8 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

As below

load * inline [
Team,Amt,Rank
Team 3,15,1

Team 1,17,2

Team 5,25,3

Team 4,34,4

Team 6,54,5

Team 2,75,6
];
exit Script;

In Chart:

Dimension

=Team

Measures

Above 2

=if(rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) >= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))-2,1)
and
rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) <= sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))

Below 2

if(rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) >= sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))
and
rank(sum({1}Amt),4,2) <= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( sum({1}Amt),4,2),Team))+2,1)

Selected Team 4 which is Rank 3 based on sum(Amt)

Above 2 showing teams with rank 1,2,3 

Below 2 showing teams with rank 3,4,5 

Capture.PNG

Vineeth Pujari
RichardSmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for taking the time to investigate and reply, much appreciated. There's a couple more hurdles to get over I think. I was doing the ranking in the chart, but I can do that within the load script. In the table above, I would also need the Amt to be shown and also, when the team is selected to not show the Team where there are Nulls in both the Above 2 and Below 2. I tried it myself without success. I tried adding your code around the Team and setting it to Null, but it didn't work.

I guess another approach would be to try to replicate your Above 2 and Below 2 code also in the load script, and then the Team could be set to Null and ignored.  Pity there's nothing straight out of the box for this in Qlik! 

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

even in the above example i am not doing any calculations in the load script, the rank is calculated based on sum(Amt) 

Can you post a sample app ?

Vineeth Pujari
RichardSmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry, I am beginning to understand this a little more. Agreed, it can all be achieved on the chart. I'm struggling to replicate it with my own data. Here's an example ranking

aggr(Rank(-Sum({$<New_Stock={Yes},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({$<Team=>}Quantity)),Team)

Could this be converted into a a similar Above 2, Below 2 code? I've tried to, but failed!

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Above 2

=if(rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) >= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( -(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2),Team))-2,1)
and
rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) <= sum(total aggr(distinct rank( -(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2),Team))
, rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) )

Below 2

if(rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) >= sum(total aggr(distinct rank( -(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2),Team))
and
rank(-(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2) <= if(getselectedcount(Team),sum(total aggr(distinct rank( -(Sum({<New_Stock={'Yes'},Team=>}Quantity)/Sum({<Team=>}Quantity)),4,2),Team))+2,1)

Vineeth Pujari
RichardSmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Fantastic, it did the trick, thanks again for helping with this and posting a solution. One final question, is there an easy way to combine Above 2 and Below 2 into one column. It's not crucial as I think I should be able to manipulate this in NPrinting.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

As below 

and

Vineeth Pujari
RichardSmith
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Perfect, thank you