Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pandabrowski
Partner - Contributor III

licenses service not working

Hi, after fresh installation of qdc i receive after opening QDC page following error:

"core.error.code.FAILED_TO_CONNECT_TO_LICENSES_SERVICE - Failed to connect to the licenses service. Check if the licenses service is running."

it is running on centos 7, with QDC Septemper Relaase (patch 1) - 4.7.2.18 , tomcat 9.0.33,  single-node.

could you suggest how to fix it /debug it?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
pandabrowski
Author

Hi, the problem was two-fold.

First, it was a docker container that was starting, but failed - as the port of the postgres was configured properly, but the host was missing.

adjusting this one led to another problem - that i solved with legacy licensing option.

thanks for your help!

how i debuged it? in the ffolder where docker config file is located i ran:

docker ps
docker-compose -f docker-compose-qlikContainers.yml  logs | grep license | more

View solution in original post

Christopher_Ortega

I appreciate your assistance here but ultimately this is not an accepted solution.  Legacy license keys will cease to work in the future and will not be renewed.

The solution is to make sure that your licensing service container is up and working with communication to qlik's licensing host OR if that is not allowed for security reasons to obtain an offline SLK.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
fabio_ribeiro
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Pandabrowsky, I hope you are doing well.

I had this same problem. To solve that you need to change a line the License Section:

####################################
### Licenses Service ###
####################################

# URL for licenses service. Default: http://localhost:9200/
#licenses.service.rest.api.url=http://localhost:9200/

# If this is set to true, then the legacy license service is used. Default: false
enable.legacy.licensing=true

pandabrowski
Author

Hi, the problem was two-fold.

First, it was a docker container that was starting, but failed - as the port of the postgres was configured properly, but the host was missing.

adjusting this one led to another problem - that i solved with legacy licensing option.

thanks for your help!

how i debuged it? in the ffolder where docker config file is located i ran:

docker ps
docker-compose -f docker-compose-qlikContainers.yml  logs | grep license | more

Christopher_Ortega

I appreciate your assistance here but ultimately this is not an accepted solution.  Legacy license keys will cease to work in the future and will not be renewed.

The solution is to make sure that your licensing service container is up and working with communication to qlik's licensing host OR if that is not allowed for security reasons to obtain an offline SLK.

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Please make sure you performed the following step of the installation runbook:

maxim_senin_0-1617114819158.png

Or also please check this one -

maxim_senin_1-1617114861431.png

It helped me!

jamshed07

I am facing the same error

LicenseServerError.png

I tried all the solution but it seems none of them working. Is there any one can help me to get rid if this issue. Is there any document that clear mention these steps?

jamshed07

i tried but not working. Is there any other steps which migh miss?

jamshed07

Where this command should i write? Could you explain in more detail?

SunitKapoor
Employee
Employee

Below commands worked for me 

sudo cp /tmp/QDCinstaller/podium/config/qlikContainers.service /etc/systemd/system/

sudo systemctl daemon-reload

sudo systemctl enable qlikContainers.service

sudo systemctl restart qlikContainers.service

tanzo
Contributor
Contributor

Log into your Trimble account. It will show your license in plan settings. You can add or remove seats under edit plan; should you forget to remove a license from legacy software.

They have had this for nearly a decade. Back in the day. You could have one license for one seat. But could put it on two separate operating systems. One on a Mac. And one on PC.