Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FarshadNour
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Advanced Properties for PostgreSQL Connector in Qlik Sense Enterprise

Greetings Qlikkies,

I find myself in need of delving into the advanced properties of the PostgreSQL connector within Qlik Sense Enterprise. Through my online exploration, I stumbled upon the "useBulkReader" parameter.

I suspect there are additional advanced properties worth investigating and evaluating for our particular requirements.

However, I'm struggling to locate comprehensive documentation or a consolidated list detailing these advanced properties. Does anyone have insights on where to uncover this hidden treasure trove?

The option in PostgreSQL:
option.PNG

King regards,
Farshad

2 Replies
AustinSpivey
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The driver that Qlik is using underneath the hood is the Simba PostgreSQL ODBC driver. I found this PDF guide online that goes over the available properties that you can set. I'll also attach the PDF here in case that PDF link gets taken down at some point.

The available properties list starts on page 54 of that PDF.

Here's a screenshot that shows how you can just type the property names and values into the Advanced section of the PostgreSQL connector dialog:

AustinSpivey_0-1718306196492.png

Austin Spivey | Principal Consultant @ Arc Analytics
ArcAnalytics.us | Add me on LinkedIn
RenuLalwani
Employee
Employee

Although the properties mentioned here https://docs.posit.co/drivers/1.7.0/pdf/Simba%20PostgreSQL%20ODBC%20Driver%20Install%20and%20Configu...

can be used in Advanced Parameters if they are not already part of UI on the connector. 

But please be mindful, useBulkReader is Qlik specific and not driver specific. you should not use it unless suggested by Qlik Support or R&D, it's enabled by default and hence you don't see that on the UI page anymore (it used to be a opt-in setting on UI during 2021 releases for reload optimization)

In some rare cases only, it might be disabled using Advanced parameters, but its not recommended unless advised by Qlik Support for a particular scenario.