Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Expired Connectors

Do the Qlik Connectors have to be re-installed on a regular basis? We're using the May 2019 and they recently stopped working due to 'LICENCE_TIME_LIMIT_EXCEEDED'. The solution given is to update to the latest version. That isn't practical to do without time to test and make sure it doesn't cause issues. So basically these become unusable to us if they have to be updated after a set period of time or they stop working. 

Thanks in advance.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

FYI - the answer is that if you plan on using only the free connectors then they have to be updated on a regular basis. The latest version (March 2020) will expire in March 2021 per the release notes. 

Would love to hear other solutions to this functionality gap that don't require updates to continue working.

View solution in original post

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you still have Token based licencing for Sense Enterpise. The ability to licence Qlik Web Connectors with a Sense licence key came in with user based (Professional and Analyser) licencing.

If you allocate one token to each user presently (rather than using some tokens for login access) you should be able to trade your tokens in for professional licences. This will give you a new key that you should be able to use with QWC. The other advantage of doing that is that when you come to add users you can then purchase analyser licences at a lower cost. If you use login access then moving to user licencing may work out more expensive.

Suggest speaking to your partner or Qlik rep.

If you don't want to change your licences then your best bet is just to keep upgrading QWC each year. It's not a time consuming process and there have not been many breaking changes in the upgrades for a while.

Hope that helps.

Steve

P-O_Davidson
Employee
Employee

Hi @Qlik-Developer  @stevedark ,

From this week, February 1, all Web Connectors are included as part of any Qlik Analytics license, see this blog post Premium Web Connectors are now free to all Qlik Analytics customers.

This means that all Web Connectors now are “standard”, and generally available without the need for a separate license. This is enabled when you use the December 2020 release of the standalone Web Connectors, and from this release there is no expiration date either.

However, keep in mind that it is always recommended to upgrade to the latest release in order to benefit from all new additions and fixes.

Best Regards,
P-O

17 Replies
derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

FYI - the answer is that if you plan on using only the free connectors then they have to be updated on a regular basis. The latest version (March 2020) will expire in March 2021 per the release notes. 

Would love to hear other solutions to this functionality gap that don't require updates to continue working.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Are you using Qlik Web Connectors with QlikView or Sense?

If it's the latter, you can licences the connectors by entering your Sense licence key and control into the licence section of the QWC settings portal.

It's still a very good idea to keep the connectors up to date, but this means that you are not forced to do it annually.

It also gives you access to the premium connectors.

Steve

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Steve,

We're on Sense and I thought I tired using the license and control with the connectors but it threw an error. I'll try again since it's been a few weeks and I didn't capture the details.

Thanks!

Derry

derrydavis
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

No go, get this message > Could not apply LEF (LEF invalid).

A couple of thoughts, are all Qlik Sense licenses able to work with the web connectors? Or is it a newer thing? We purchased ours a few years ago. To be clear, the license we have is for Qlik Sense Enterprise Server not a web connector license.

What port is it trying to communicate across for applying the LEF? If its port 5555 it's probably blocked by a firewall internally.

Thanks.

-Derry

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like you still have Token based licencing for Sense Enterpise. The ability to licence Qlik Web Connectors with a Sense licence key came in with user based (Professional and Analyser) licencing.

If you allocate one token to each user presently (rather than using some tokens for login access) you should be able to trade your tokens in for professional licences. This will give you a new key that you should be able to use with QWC. The other advantage of doing that is that when you come to add users you can then purchase analyser licences at a lower cost. If you use login access then moving to user licencing may work out more expensive.

Suggest speaking to your partner or Qlik rep.

If you don't want to change your licences then your best bet is just to keep upgrading QWC each year. It's not a time consuming process and there have not been many breaking changes in the upgrades for a while.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator

Hi Steve,

we have installed QWC in server where QS is installed, but  in our case all the connectors showing under the standard with out using the license key.

Because of what reason all the connectors coming under the Standard???

as for my understanding few should under standard and few should under premium so that by using license key we can use the connector which is under the premium.

but for my case all the connectors showing under the standard, so how can i check whether my client provided QWC license key is working or not?

So how to check whether my QWC have license or not if its having means where to check expiry date?

Qlik-Developer_0-1611734298054.jpeg

Thanks.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

I've not seen that behaviour in QWC before, and I can't think what may have caused it.

You can look at what licencing you have under the Licence menu at the top.

The only think I can think is that there has been a change in a more recent version than I have used.

@chrisbrain may be able to shed some light on this.

Steve

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator

Hi Steve,

below one is under the license tab.

Qlik-Developer_0-1611905989347.png

And another issue couldn't able to make a jira connection in Qlik Sense.

At top of script created variable with connection name let vQwcConnectionName = 'lib://Jiraconnector';

where connector name=Jiraconnector .but still couldn't able to establish connection.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

I've not seen the licence looking like that. It looks like there may have been some change to licencing, or there is something about your site that means it is not required.

For it to work you need to have set up Jiraconnector as a connection in Sense, as a Web File connection, pointing to a valid site. The Select Data button should return data when you click it.

With connections, Sense will by default add your username in brackets after the connection name. If that has happened you can either change the name of the connection in QMC, or you need to include the part in brackets in the connection name assignment.

Hope that helps.

Steve