Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reycarloluber
Contributor III
Contributor III

Microsoft SQL Server Data Connector Is Not Working

Hello Everyone,

I am currently having an error whenever I use the built in connector for Microsoft SQL Server. This is the error that I am getting: Client unable to establish connection. Error 08001 [qlik] [sqlserver] problem establishing connection to the server.

I tried the following things:

1.  Created an ODBC connection using "SQL Server". Result: State: 08001, Error: 18 SSL Error.

2. Installed Microsoft SQL Server to test the connection. I can access the database using the same credentials in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio. Result: Working.

3. Created an ODBC connection using "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" that comes with the installation  of Mircosoft SQL Server. Result: Working.

4. Created and OLE DB connection using "SQL Server Native Client 11.0" that comes with the installation  of Mircosoft SQL Server. Result: Working.

It seems that using the SQL Server Native Client will allow me to connect to the database. But we only installed the MS SQL Server for testing purposes and would like to remove it afterwards. Is there any fix to allow me to use the built-in data connector for Microsoft SQL Server?  Just to add, we are currently using Multi-Node environment.

Sincerely,

Rey

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Error mentions SSL. Is it enabled in the data connection (encrypt)?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/SQLSer...

reycarloluber
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the reply. I am getting the SSL Error when I am setting up the ODBC connection through Windows. The Encrypt tick box is unchecked when I am attempting to create a Microsoft SQL Server Data Connection.

Sincerely,

Rey

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'd suggest you enable it as the error mentions you are trying to connect in a way the server does not support (i.e.: requires encryption).

See from Microsoft: 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/ff181114-6cfb-4df1-bcc6-9fdb97c4e55d/creati...