Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

OLE DB Data Connections Visible To All Users - Why?

Hi,

I am looking to create some locked down users in Sense, and one of the things I am keen to revoke is rights to the database - without knowing the username and password for it.

I have created a number of connections, and most don't show to my limited user.  Any that I create that are SQL Server OLE DB connections appear to all users.

Looking at the Security Rules for the various connections I can see no difference between these connections and the other file based connections.

Does anyone know why this is?

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

Have you solve this one? Are you referring to how the Security rules are configured for ODBC connections within the data connectors?

This video is the best resource I've found for data connection security: Qlik Sense Platform - Securing and Sharing Data Connections

Thanks,

Dave

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

Have you solve this one? Are you referring to how the Security rules are configured for ODBC connections within the data connectors?

This video is the best resource I've found for data connection security: Qlik Sense Platform - Securing and Sharing Data Connections

Thanks,

Dave

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi Dave,

I think I did get there in the end, but I no longer have access to that clients site to check it.  They were happy with how it was left for the POC I was doing, and if they go with Sense (and the indications are good) then I will need to get into the finer details of how they want security configured.

Thanks for the link - the video is indeed useful, as many of mto‌ 's videos have been.

Steve

tvisha
Creator II
Creator II

Unable to get the video. It says it is private. Do anyone has a link directly to youtube