Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II

Qlik OBCD Error: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

Hi, I have in error when I connect to table (other table from data base was ok).

I forwarded it to people from the data source following the example of this topic: link
In response, they asked me to prove that it was not a mistake on Qlik's part - how could I prove it?

Sebastian_Dec_0-1721224494557.png

My Qlik version is: May 2024 Patch 3 / qliksenserver 14.187.7

Sebastian_Dec_1-1721224537958.png

In a similar period to the error occurred, we upgraded Qlik from version 2022, but I doubt that upgrading the version caused the problem because we have several connections, a lot of tables and everything except this one works fine.

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Labels (1)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Comparing the queries and the tables from the working ones against the failed one may give some valuable hints which fields/processing/data doesn't fit to the specified data-types. Further reducing the load to 1 / 3 / 10 / n fields and/or rows should be also return insights. Another approach could be to enable or to extend the logging of the driver and the data-base to get a more detailed error-message. 

Sebastian_Dec
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thx @marcus_sommer , I did some tests according to your suggestion:

1. After commenting out the "DESCRIPTION" column, the table loads normally, so the error is in the "DESCRIPTION" column

LIB CONNECT TO 'Promocje_Prod';

PL_PROMOTION:
LOAD
ID as ID,
PROMOTION_NAME as [Nazwa promocji],
BEGIN_DATE as [Data początkowa],
END_DATE as [Data końcowa],
PROFIT_ID as ProfitId,
// DESCRIPTION as [Opis promocji],
PROMOTION_STATUS as [Status promocji],
ENTITY_DISTRIBUTION_STATUS as [Status dystrybucji],
SEGMENT_GUID as [Guid segmentu],
TAGS as [Tag lojalność];

[PL_PROMOTION]:
SELECT
"ID",
"PROMOTION_NAME",
"BEGIN_DATE",
"END_DATE",
"PROFIT_ID",
// "DESCRIPTION",
"PROMOTION_STATUS",
"ENTITY_DISTRIBUTION_STATUS",
"SEGMENT_GUID",
"TAGS"
FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION";

Sebastian_Dec_1-1721309372796.png

2. any loading of the first lines results in errors:
SQL SELECT
"DESCRIPTION"
FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION"
WHERE ROWNUM <= 1;

The following error occurred:
Unable to get column information for the fields that are used in the query. Please make sure that SQL statement used produces a result set or use !EXECUTE_NON_SELECT_QUERY keyword.

The error occurred here:
SQL SELECT "DESCRIPTION" FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION" WHERE ROWNUM <= 1

3. Only converting the data into shorter text helps:

SQL SELECT
CAST("DESCRIPTION" AS VARCHAR(1000)) AS "DESCRIPTION"
FROM "LC_MD_VIEW"."PL_PROMOTION";

Although none of the texts exceeds 1000 characters...

Sebastian_Dec_2-1721309468634.png

I'm still waiting for a response from the people who manage this database, but this data is very helpful

Thanks & Regards,
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
marcus_sommer

I think it hints for a driver-issue which couldn't handle the data-type of this field properly (maybe a newer sub-type as defined within the driver) and/or there may an issue with the specified/available char-set because there are various special-chars included. Struggling with the driver could be quite exhausting - therefore any kind of cast-statement within the query might be more practically.