Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Rest Connection to Okta API

Our company has built a new website, and we're using Okta to handle signon/identify management.  I've gotten a request to create some Qlik dashboards showing new user information, counts, etc.  I'm currently trying to connect to Okta's API, but I'm having issues with paging.

I can connect to the API OK, and even pull in the first 200 users (that's the default Okta page limit) - using the following URL: https://<ourcompanyname>.oktapreview.com/api/v1/users

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Qlik Rest connector set up to handle the paging aspect - i.e. to pull in the next 200 users and keep going until all users have been pulled in.

I think maybe the magic should happen in the paging configuration section of the Rest connector, but I'm not sure what to put in there.  I've discovered that the HTTPS header has a field in it called "link" that seems to have the next URL, but I'm not having any luck yet.  I've tried a number of different "Next URL Path" combinations (see an example below) - but nothing has worked (I'm only able to pull in the first 200 users and that's it).

Okta Data Connection.PNG

I've also tried unsuccessfully to do looping in the load script, using the WITH CONNECTION override.  Once again, I just don't know what parameters and values to use.

Has anyone out there been able to connect successfully to Okta and handle paging correctly?

Thanks,

Steve

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I finally was able to get this all to work.  I had to create a loop in the load script to loop through the multiple data fetches until all the data was pulled in.  I also had to add in a sleep command to keep Qlik from overloading Okta with requests (you're only allowed to send so many requests per minute through Okta). 

I'm attaching screen shots of the connection details, as well as the qvf with the code that finally worked.  Hopefully this is helpful to everyone having similar issues.

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies
nandini_chatter
Contributor II
Contributor II

We have the exact same issue. We are trying to do  reporting from the OKTA data in Qlik Sense. However cannot bring in anything more than 200 users or Apps or Groups through the REST API connector using Next Url  as Pagination type and path as link.

Did you find a solution to this. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nandini

steverosebrook
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I finally was able to get this all to work.  I had to create a loop in the load script to loop through the multiple data fetches until all the data was pulled in.  I also had to add in a sleep command to keep Qlik from overloading Okta with requests (you're only allowed to send so many requests per minute through Okta). 

I'm attaching screen shots of the connection details, as well as the qvf with the code that finally worked.  Hopefully this is helpful to everyone having similar issues.

Steve