Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Rest API Connector for Jira/Getting custom fields with their names from jira to Qlik

Hi Everyone,

Good Evening,

My source is jira, Loaded data from Jira through REST API into qlik sense, while loading Issue table custom fields are loading into Qlik like Custom filed ids as lable, so its difficult to identify what is the actual filed name from jira.

Due to requirement in project few field were added in Jira by Jira developer those fields called custom fields. These newly added fields by Jira developer are coming into qlik as custom filed with id (ex: custom field 250,custom filed 340).

While creating the REST connection defined the filed names in the parameters, even though custom filed with ids are loading.

Do i missed something while loading,please help on this.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!!!!!!

Varsha.

Labels (2)
119 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

You will not be able to reduce the bar width on that bar. You could make it less obtrusive by setting the colour of it and using the ARGB function to give it a translucent colour?

I would recommend upgrading to the latest version though, and then use the dimension reference feature which is designed for what you are after.

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

ganginenivarsha_0-1602589921514.png

bar height was coming till to max value of measure,but how can we make the bar to take complete scale of y-axis. final view should look like its a reference line respective to the current day.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The calculation I provided makes the bar the height of the maximum value. Sense scales the chart to go above the maximum value, the amount by which it goes over depends on the scale (Narrow, Medium or Wide) and the values.

You are not going to be able to get the bar to flex to the top. You could multiply the result by 1.1 to make it go 10% over the maximum value. If you put the same calculation into a fixed max range for the chart it will go to the top, but it might give you an odd scale on the Y axis.

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

=date( ReloadTime() + Time#(4,'mm') ,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt')

using this to know the last reload time of application,but uk time is displaying.

used the below expression:

ConvertToLocalTime(UTC(date( ReloadTime() + Time#(4,'mm') ,'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt')),'Kolkata')

but resfresh time of application is displaying instead of reload time after converting the timw zone?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

The time difference will be coming from the time that the server is set to, it must be running in UK time. You just need to work out the decimal number you need to add to get to the right time, I think it should be something like:

=date(ReloadTime() + ((1/24)*4.5), 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss')

Hope that helps.

Steve

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Steve😊 for your answers.

can you please tell in brief  how to extract data from Jira through web connector as i am very new to this.

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

At first step how to create connection between jira and qliksense through web connector.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Qlik-Developer 

I came up with the code that I posted earlier in the thread before the Jira connector was available as part of QWC, so I have stuck with that.

Generally, to use the web connector you install it and use the web interface at http://yourserver:5555/ . You set up the connection using the web interface and then execute a pull of data. This then generates code for you in the web interface that can be copied and pasted into the load script.

Good luck!

Qlik-Developer
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank You.

I have loaded issues table data from jira to qliksense. For sprint field ,values are loading with big string which is unwanted,shown below.

Below one is the sprint field value for one user story. where user story started in sprint8 and carry forwarded to  sprint 9.

"com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint@51c6f9d7[id=2000,rapidViewId=776,state=CLOSED,name=YBS Sprint 8,startDate=2020-07-30T16:00:38.382Z,endDate=2020-08-14T15:59:00.000Z,completeDate=2020-08-17T17:15:41.490Z,sequence=2002,goal=<null>],com.atlassian.greenhopper.service.sprint.Sprint@68327bc3[id=2001,rapidViewId=776,state=CLOSED,name=YBS Sprint 9,startDate=2020-08-17T15:19:40.545Z,endDate=2020-08-26T17:19:00.000Z,completeDate=2020-08-27T16:19:51.655Z,sequence=2004,goal=<null>]".

So from above string i want to pick ,where ever name= YBS Sprint along with sprint number.

Finaly out put i am expecting is:

Userstory,sprint

10,YBS Sprint8, YBS Sprint9

11,YBS Sprint9, YBS sprint 10, 

Sprint field should come with values separated by comma instead of string.

ganginenivarsha_0-1603447288143.png

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My guess is that you will want to do a resident load to create another table that associates with the main one on TaskId.

Something like:

tmpSprints:
LOAD
  TaskID,
  subfield(Sprint, ']') as SprintText
RESIDENT Jira;

Sprints:
LOAD
  TaskID,
  mid(IdPair, index(IdPair, '=') + 1, 99) as Id,
  mid(RapidViewPair, index(RapidViewPair, '=') + 1, 99) as RapidView,
  etc.
  ;
LOAD
  TaskID,
  subfield(SprintText, ',', 1) as IdPair,
  subfield(SprintText, ',', 2) as RapidViewPair,
  etc.
RESIDENT tmpSprints;

DROP TABLE tmpSprints;

You may be able to do it in one load, with two preceding loads, rather than a resident. I'm not sure how the subfield will behave.

You will want to put Date(Date#( around the date fields when you do the mid on those.

Once you have the sprints split out into a separate table with multiple rows per task you should be able to do anything you need.

Steve