Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
namarrre
Contributor
Contributor

Qliksense cloud MSSQL remote connection

Hello,

I am trying to connect Qliksense cloud to my MSSQL database. I already opened my port and made it accessible over my public ip address (port forwarding).

When I try to connect to my data source it fails, and the message is as follow : " Connection name is invalid. Should be 1-256 character and not contain <>:"/|?*  "

The thing is that my connection name doesn't contain any of these character, my server is the public IP address, the database doesn't contain these character, and my credentials either.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
omcde
Contributor
Contributor

Same for mysql connection.

Test connection button says its ok, but when i hit save i get same error.

> Connection name is invalid. Should be 1-256 characters and not contain <>:"/|?*

AskeLukkari
Contributor
Contributor

To access your data stored on a Microsoft SQL Server database, you will need to know the server and database name that you want to connect to, and you must have access credentials. Once you have created a connection to a Microsoft SQL Server database, you can select data from the available tables and then load that data into your app or document.

In Qlik Sense, you connect to a Microsoft SQL Server database through the Add data dialog or the Data load editor.

In Qlik View, you connect to a Microsoft SQL Server database through the Edit Script dialog.

Likewise, the Daughters Day 2019 is the perfect occasion for you to celebrate your little beautiful angel and shower her with all your love and care possible on the happy daughter's day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can everyone following this please retry. A problem was identified and fixed. Clients with open tickets are reporting success.

Please mark this as resolved if so.

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Regards,

EDL