Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SFDC Currency Conversion

Hi,

I'm importing data from SFDC (into desktop QlikSense app) using the QlikSense connector.    All works well except I need to deal with currency conversion so that all my revenue related data is in USD.

Per SFDC help SOQL comment "convertCurrency" should do the trick, see their example below.  However the command convertCurrency doesn't seem to work in QlikSense.

SELECT Id, convertCurrency(AnnualRevenue)

FROM Account

Any suggestions on how to make this happen?

There is a CurrencyIsoCode in the data as well as shown below

AmountCurrencyIsoCode
30000USD
416468.19EUR
5491.95EUR

thank you in advance

Pia

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Is ConvertCurreny is a function in Database ?

If you are using sense, you can use Data market and convert the Currency into one single currency.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I'm not yet familiar with the Data Market. 

I can do this "manually" by getting the exchange rate from the relevant SFDC table and then applying the rate to all the amounts (all the tables with revenue etc come with currency ISO code as well which is the common key to the exchange rate table).  However, to me this isn't a very elegant solution so was hoping the SFDC connector woudl be smart enough to apply the SOQL that apparently works with some other data query methods.

ninemush
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did anyone figure out how to do this? I have the exact same need and could use some advice/help.

Thanks

DataWrangler
Former Employee
Former Employee

The Open Source Dashboard for Salesforce (OSD4SF) includes a working example of run-time (within the UI) currency conversion. 

The entire dashboard, including functional ETL and Dashboard UI components, is posted at the following GitHub link: https://github.com/qlikperf/OSD4SF/blob/master/README.md

The OSD4SF works with both of the top 2 BI products, QlikView and Qlik Sense.