Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lu2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

create a folder

hello All

how do I create a folder to save my QVD's on to a specific stream.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @lu2021 

As far as I know, the relative paths option serves to avoid placing the full path of a source file so it's easier to move your project. I don't think it is related to the folder in which you can save a qvd, but I'm not sure about this.

Anyway, If you want to save a qvd into a specific location you'll have to specify the appropriate path. Something like:

STORE QvdName INTO FolferA\QvdName.qvd;

The above sentence will save the Qvd into a FolderA that must be placed right next to your QVW.

You can also specify the complete path:

STORE QvdName INTO C:\Users\User\Desktop\QvdName.qvd;

Or jump between folder levels:

STORE QvdName INTO ..\..\FolderA\QvdName.qvd;

Hope it helps;

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @lu2021 

As far as I know, the relative paths option serves to avoid placing the full path of a source file so it's easier to move your project. I don't think it is related to the folder in which you can save a qvd, but I'm not sure about this.

Anyway, If you want to save a qvd into a specific location you'll have to specify the appropriate path. Something like:

STORE QvdName INTO FolferA\QvdName.qvd;

The above sentence will save the Qvd into a FolderA that must be placed right next to your QVW.

You can also specify the complete path:

STORE QvdName INTO C:\Users\User\Desktop\QvdName.qvd;

Or jump between folder levels:

STORE QvdName INTO ..\..\FolderA\QvdName.qvd;

Hope it helps;

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!