Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janmeet
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

how can I resolve this issue

i am trying to connect a website so that it's data can be used to make dashboard. how can I proceed?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
anat
Master
Master

This is an intentional change since Qlik Sense June 2018 to enhance security. By default, only port 5555 (default port of Qlik Web Connectors) is allowed for local WebFile connectivity.

To allow localhost connections, add one of the following parameters to Settings.ini:

• To allow all ports (not recommended due to security reasons): WebFilePreventLoopback = 0 
  • To allow custom ports: ?WebFilePreventLoopbackWhitelist=%customPorts% , for example WebFilePreventLoopbackWhitelist=5556-5559,8080

Location of Settings.ini:

• Qlik Sense Enterprise: C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Engine. Make sure to take a backup of this file before modification and restart Qlik Sense Engine service after the change.
  • Qlik Sense Desktop: C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Qlik\Sense. Close Qlik Sense Desktop before making the change.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/quot-Access-is-denied-quot-when-connecting-t....