Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Connection to the Qliksense Engine failed for unspecified reasons. Refresh your Browser or contact your system Administrator.

Dear Community members,

As a newbee on this community and making my first steps with Qlik Sense I encounter problems with the following:

" Connection to the Qlik Sense Engine failed for unspecified reasons. Refresh your browser or contact your administrator "

I searched the internet and this community and found several solutions, but none are working for me.

I have Qlik Sense 3.2SR5 installed on a Windows Server 2016. I did an offline installation but later on it was decided to connect the server to the internet. I tried the following:

1) DNS, servername, IP-adress, external domainname, localhost added to the whitelist in the virtual proxy

2) Created an inbound rule in the Windows firewall with all suggested ports 80, 443, 4239, 4241-4244, 4248, 4432, 4444, 4545, 4555, 4747, 4899, 4900, 4949, 5050, 5151, 9028.

4) Put certificates on the right place to avoid message unsecure connection

5) Enabled IPv6 (even it is not used)

6) Added the url of the Qlik Sense machine to trusted websites in the browser

7) Enabled scripting in the browser

😎 Installed the latest version .NET framework on the Qlik Sense machine

9) Got TLS 1.0 / 1.1 and 1.2

10) Got "Allow http" with port 4248 active in the QMC

11) All Qlik services are active under system account, except for database (local)

On Mozilla FireFox and Google Chrome I can log in to the hub but right after then the above mentioned message appears. Internet Explorer 11 alway shows this message for unknown reasons.

But whatever I tried, the message will not go away. Does somebody in this community any suggestions left to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Aad Dijksman

The Netherlands

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear members,

Issue solved, but a new challenge. Will open new topic for that.

Kind regards,

Aad Dijksman

The Netherlands

hornstrup
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Aad,

You solved the issue - I'm facing the exact similar. Care to share what the issue was?

Kind regards,

Jan

MohammedMustaq
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello Aad,

If the above issue got solved. Can you please let us know and Share with us.

We are also facing the same issue(" Connection to the Qlik Sense Engine failed for unspecified reasons. Refresh your browser or contact your administrator ")

waiting for your reply!!

Thanks

Mohammed Mustaq

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mohammed,

Excuse for reacting this late ... I totally missed your reply? I hope you already resolved the issue. For me taking the Qlik Sense server directly connected to internet (no proxyserver in between) did the trick.

Kind regards,

Aad Dijksman

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aad,

Could you provide the steps on how to taking the Qlik Sense server directly connected to internet?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Louis

paulodantas
Creator
Creator

Hi Aad,

did you fixed the issue?

If yes, please choose the correct answer or describe how you did to close the thread.

Best regards.