Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Bookmarks are per default shared with all users

Hi,

Whenever a user creates a bookmark, they land under the "My Bookmark" header. However, this header seems to be public since all users can see these bookmarks.

This makes the "My Bookmark" cluttered. And some users would like to have personal bookmarks that are not shared.
I am guessing that this could be a setting or a rule perhaps in QMC?

We are running Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If I'm not mistaken, the default behavior is for each user to only see their own bookmarks. However, many custom rules allow some version of app* read access, which (unless specified otherwise) will give read access to all bookmarks in that published document, I think. You'd need to find any such rules in your implementation and condition them to exclude bookmarks using: resource.objectType != "bookmark"

Jonathan_Alm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

@Or 

Hi,

like the following custom rule that I found:
Name: ADAppAccess

ResourceFilter: App_*,

Type: READ

Conditions: 

((user.group=resource.@AppADGroup or user.@AppADGroup=resource.@AppADGroup or resource.stream.name="Everyone" or (user.group="Leaders" and resource.stream.@StreamType="Prod" and !(resource.stream.name="Extract&Transform")))) 

Would that type of security rule give all users access to all bookmarks?

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not sure if bookmarks fall under App_* or just App*, but this should be easy enough to test - briefly disable the rule and see if the bookmarks are no longer shared (ideally, do this on a test server rather than a production one).