Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
botanyit
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cannot log in via hostname or from external computers

I have a Qlik Sense Server (client hosted) installation that we've been using for many years.

All of a sudden, I can only access Qlik using localhost or the IP address from the browsers on the server itself. If I try using the hostname, it will load the page and ask me to log in, but logging in just makes the login window pop up again.

Then, if I try to access it from other computers (via IP or hostname) I get connection reset errors in the web browser.

"

"The connection was reset

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

• The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
  • If you are unable to load any pages, check your device’s data or Wi-Fi connection."

I have tried running the repair via the installer. And upgrading it to Feb2021.

Everything was

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
botanyit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It was a firewall issue. An admin in another department was tidying up our firewall rules and it removed access to one of the required ports.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
botanyit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I should note I did verify that the IP and DNS name were added to the virtual proxies whitelist (which they were). But that was the only related issue I could find when I searched these forums.

botanyit
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It was a firewall issue. An admin in another department was tidying up our firewall rules and it removed access to one of the required ports.