Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wailengwoo
Partner - Contributor III

Cant login to Qlik Sense Desktop without internet connection

Hi,

I tried to login to my Qlik Sense Desktop without internet connection and encounter error 'The engine could not be unlocked. Please retry'. The message still pops up even after multiple tries. The error went away after i reconnect to the internet and try again. I do occasionally get this message with internet connection but after a few tries I am able to login. 

I have check on the Qlik Sense Desktop support FAQ and it states :

'When you open Qlik Sense Desktop the first time, you will need to log in with your Qlik Account to be able to use the product. You will be able to use the product offline for 10 days from the last time you logged in.
After 10 days have passed, you must get connected to internet and log in again to be able to continue using the product offline.'

I am using Qlik Sense Desktop November 2018 SR1. Is this a bug? Anyone else encounter this problem?

Thank you.

3 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

Can you check this article to see if it can be related to your issue? https://support.qlik.com/articles/000050457

Hope this will help!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
wailengwoo
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't use OneDrive so this issue is not related to OneDrive. And this problem happens randomly (with internet) and when it is not connected to internet the error wont go away.

regards,

Wai Leng

Bastien_Laugiero

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry it didn't help.

This then might need a look at the Qlik Sense Desktop logs to figure out why. 

I would suggest opening a support case if you have direct access to Qlik Support or contact your partner. 

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.