Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Download, installation and activation

I am experiencing some issues in downloading and installing a QV SBE:

- In download section, I do not find a product specifically named SBE. So I downloaded a QV server and a QV desktop

- I did not manage to activate the license. I get an error message which warns me that QlikView could not get license info.

- Eventually, I get a Single Sign On error when I try to login on the Support Site

However, in the Guide section, when I click the Upgrade license option and Contact License Enabler Server, it seems I get the correct Enabler Server file.

Could you point any errors or further requirements to match?

Thanks

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sounds like you need to contact your Qlik / Partner Account Manager.

I have had to do that before when licences we had purchased did not want to play cricket.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The license determines whether you will have an SBE or an EE server at your disposal, not the software package. Everything is included in the single QlikView Server installer, even a Publisher.

If you have problems activating your license, that's probably because when you enter your serial and control number and those numbers are correct, the QVS has to make an https connection to the Qlik licensing servers in order to obtain the allowances assigned to this serial number. If your server isn't connected to the internet (IT governance policies) or has problems activating your license, do as Bill said and ask your Partner for a LEF file. A LEF file allows you to activate your server without internet connection.

With problems concerning Qlik web sites or the support site, register yourself as a customer. If this doesn't work out, contact Qlik Qoncierge.

Best,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Just curious: why are you posting this in a Qlik Sense forum?

Not applicable
Author

Right curiosity.

An error ...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can easily move your discussion to the right area of Qlik Community. For example to QlikView Deployment.

See: QlikCommunity Tip: How to move your discussion thread