Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

GMS: loading MasterItems from Database

Hey guys,

does anyone of you know the technical process of loading master items into an app?

Option 1: Master items are loaded from excel and put into the apps.

Option 2: Master items are loaded into the GMS-App and then loaded again from GMS-App and put into the apps.

Option 3: Something else.

I am asking this because I would like to use an database instead of the excel file and was wondering it this will be possible.

Thanks for your help

Oliver

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Absolutely possible to use a database.  As long as when you load the table to the Governed Metrics Application you are following the field requirements detailed here: The GMA (Governed Metrics Application) - EA Powertools Governed Metrics Service.

An excel file is used in the distribution to demonstrate the art of the possible.  Moreover, you can use a mixture of sources as long as what is loaded conforms to the instructions.

jg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Absolutely possible to use a database.  As long as when you load the table to the Governed Metrics Application you are following the field requirements detailed here: The GMA (Governed Metrics Application) - EA Powertools Governed Metrics Service.

An excel file is used in the distribution to demonstrate the art of the possible.  Moreover, you can use a mixture of sources as long as what is loaded conforms to the instructions.

jg

Oliver_F
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's great! Thank you very much!

naveen_y19
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

is there a way, i can add my label expressions to database table and then use them in the reports

the reason i ask is, every time i reload the Metrics and app, all my label expressions to MasterItem measures are gone, i have to edit each measure and write them again