Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davide
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Getting info from Qlik Sense Repository Database

Hello,

I am currently connected to my QS Repository Database, using a PostgreSQL connection. The idea is to access the repository tables in order to find all objects and corresponding definitions (e.g. a Master Item measure or a variable, defined inside the app, and its corresponding expression/formula), for all the applications I have developed.

However, I am not finding enough information about the tables available at the QSR database, and the information that I am looking for seems to be encrypted inside these tables. Any ideas on how to achieve this? Thanks in advance!

2 Replies
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

* Standard warning: Be careful in direct connections to the underlying PostgreSQL database. The QRS API is strongly preferred.

The actual content of an app (load scripts, visualizations, expressions, etc) are not exposed via the QRS API. You will get high level meta-data. For this specific scenario, the AppObject table you will see that an app has:

• Master Dimensions (SELECT "App_ID" FROM "AppObjects" WHERE "ObjectType" = 'dimension';)
  • Master Visualizations (SELECT "App_ID" FROM "AppObjects" WHERE "ObjectType" = 'masterobject';)
  • Master Measures (SELECT "App_ID" FROM "AppObjects" WHERE "ObjectType" = 'measure';)

But it simply will not give you the expression(s) used in those items.

For the expressions, the Engine API is the route. Here's exactly that pull in a fuller project for reference: https://github.com/eapowertools/qmcu-app-meta-fetcher/blob/master/appMetaFetcher/lib/getMasterMetric...

BU
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Levi, i've a question for you.

A MasterDimension has Name ('Turnover CY'), Label ('Turnover' & $(vYear)) and expression (=Sum(turnover)).

How can i get the Label using Postgre?

TY