Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfavazza
Contributor II
Contributor II

How do I remove old DB in Qlik Sense?

I have installed Postgres v14, I then removed Database 9.6 using the PostgreSQL.msi (uninstall). That worked.

When I tried to upgrade Qlik Sense from Nov 2022 to Nov 2023, it complained the DB 9.3 was present.

jfavazza_0-1707314063791.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

To address the issue with missing packages for Qlik Sense, follow these steps:

1. Locate the installation packages: Navigate to the directory where Qlik Sense installation packages are typically stored. This is usually found at C:\ProgramData\Package Cache.

2. Check for missing packages: Verify if any packages are missing from the specified directory. If some packages are absent, it can cause issues during the upgrade process, such as the previous version not being detected.

3. Restore missing folders: If you have a backup of the missing package folders, simply place them back into the correct location (C:\ProgramData\Package Cache). This should resolve the issue.

4. Retrieve packages from backup: In case you don't have a backup of the package folders, you can try to retrieve them by installing the same version of Qlik Sense on a test machine. Once installed, navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Package Cache directory on the test machine and copy the necessary folders containing the installation packages.

5. Copy packages to the original server: After obtaining the necessary packages, transfer them to the original server where Qlik Sense is installed. Place the packages in the C:\ProgramData\Package Cache directory.

6. Restart upgrade process: Once all missing packages are restored, restart the upgrade process for Qlik Sense. The installer should now be able to detect the previous version correctly and proceed with the upgrade smoothly.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue related to missing packages during the upgrade of Qlik Sense.

For more information:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-Upgrade-Issue-Previous-Version-No...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rohit-Prakash
Employee
Employee

To address the issue with missing packages for Qlik Sense, follow these steps:

1. Locate the installation packages: Navigate to the directory where Qlik Sense installation packages are typically stored. This is usually found at C:\ProgramData\Package Cache.

2. Check for missing packages: Verify if any packages are missing from the specified directory. If some packages are absent, it can cause issues during the upgrade process, such as the previous version not being detected.

3. Restore missing folders: If you have a backup of the missing package folders, simply place them back into the correct location (C:\ProgramData\Package Cache). This should resolve the issue.

4. Retrieve packages from backup: In case you don't have a backup of the package folders, you can try to retrieve them by installing the same version of Qlik Sense on a test machine. Once installed, navigate to the C:\ProgramData\Package Cache directory on the test machine and copy the necessary folders containing the installation packages.

5. Copy packages to the original server: After obtaining the necessary packages, transfer them to the original server where Qlik Sense is installed. Place the packages in the C:\ProgramData\Package Cache directory.

6. Restart upgrade process: Once all missing packages are restored, restart the upgrade process for Qlik Sense. The installer should now be able to detect the previous version correctly and proceed with the upgrade smoothly.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the issue related to missing packages during the upgrade of Qlik Sense.

For more information:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Sense-Upgrade-Issue-Previous-Version-No...

jfavazza
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I need to uninstall database 9.3 from Qlik Sense Enterprise so the upgrade does not see it, where can I get the msi ?

Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @jfavazza ,

Are you using standalone PostgreSQL database? review below article and check if you have PostgreSQL.msi under C:\ProgramData\Package Cache if yes then follow the article.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-w...

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Rename or delete the old unused 9.3 subfolder solves the issue:  https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrading-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-w... 

FMa

shaan007
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I navigate to the 9.3 folder and rename it,

rerun the setup file and all started working,

Thanks