Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II

Identify users who haven't accessed Qlik report

Hi, 

Is there a way to identify users who have been given access to qliksense app but never used the report? 

Regards,

Vicky

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This should help. Will try to implement this and see if I get users and applications they have access to.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/List-all-users-with-their-custom-properties-in-dashb...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @BonjourVicky,

Since your question is about Qlik Sense, I'll move this thread from the QlikView > QlikView Administration forum to the Qlik Sense > Deployment and Administration forum so that it reaches its intended audience.

In regards to your question, Qlik Sense has some inherent monitoring apps you can use to help in administering the platform. The Operations Monitor app provides details on active users and apps. So you may want to try it.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
alen_valdes_201
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello BonjourVicky,

I have the same request with one of our clients. That information is not delivered by monitoring applications.If I manage to resolve the requirement I will let you know

Or
MVP
MVP

The answer to this question somewhat depends on how exactly you assigned permissions to the app. If they're hard-coded into Section Access, it'll probably be pretty difficult to achieve something like this. The only way I can think of in that scenario is to read the log file from the app's reload, isolate the list of users in section access, and cross-check that with the list of users who accessed the app. If your section access has groups, you'd need a third step to get the user list for each group (from Active Directory or whatever else controls the groups).

In our case, control of access to apps is primarily through custom properties - a user must belong to an Active Directory group matching the name of the custom property assigned to the app, e.g. "Qlik Sales" or "Qlik Finance". In this case, it is possible to pull the list of apps and custom properties from the QS repository, cross-check it with the list of group members from Active Directory, and then cross-check that with the monitoring app's information.

BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This should help. Will try to implement this and see if I get users and applications they have access to.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/List-all-users-with-their-custom-properties-in-dashb...

BonjourVicky
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

I was able to fetch all user information using the Rest API connection. Using Rest Connector and URL as https://localhost/qrs/user/full all user information like Stream access , Custom Properties Assigned, roles etc.

Regards,

Vicky