Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zukowski_przemek
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Is it possible to download QVD from QS SaaS?

Hi,

let's assume that I have some QVD files on QS SaaS. They have been created as a result of script execution or were transmitted to QS SaaS via Qlik Data Transfer. 

Is there a way to download those files back to my local computer? The only option I see in QMC is to delete those files.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @zukowski_przemek,

As a TennantAdmin, I have another couple of extra options on data files: Duplicate, Move (to other Space), Delete. However, there's no download option. Maybe there is some extra permissions that can be granted. I have not looked into that.

The options I thought of are to save the QVD directly to a DropBox, OneDrive or Google Drive connection. Here's a piece of code that I used to test this idea a while ago.

barnabyd_0-1610677211898.png

The other areas to investigate are the developer APIs and the qlik_cli. I intend to have a look into these very soon.

Does anyone else have any further info on this?

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant

View solution in original post

5 Replies
barnabyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

G'day @zukowski_przemek,

As a TennantAdmin, I have another couple of extra options on data files: Duplicate, Move (to other Space), Delete. However, there's no download option. Maybe there is some extra permissions that can be granted. I have not looked into that.

The options I thought of are to save the QVD directly to a DropBox, OneDrive or Google Drive connection. Here's a piece of code that I used to test this idea a while ago.

barnabyd_0-1610677211898.png

The other areas to investigate are the developer APIs and the qlik_cli. I intend to have a look into these very soon.

Does anyone else have any further info on this?

Cheers, Barnaby.

Barnaby Dunn
BI Consultant
zukowski_przemek
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Barnaby, I didn't thought about saving QVD data via Library into Google Drive. Nice idea 🙂 Will test it today.

Thanks!

Przemek

RafBar
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

I encountered the same issue when trying to download qvd files on SaaS version, unfortunately "STORE" command is not supported for OneDrive which I use. It seems that the limitation applies only to OneDrive:

RafBar_0-1622117807809.png

Other solution might be to download the app with data and then do binary load on it  and finally  STORE the qvd files, it's not the easiest method but it also works.

William_Wistam
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @zukowski_przemek ,

Curious is you have any update on qlik.cli method of downloading/uploading QVDs file to/from local computer. That will be a BIG help. Thanks!

W

zukowski_przemek
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi @William_Wistam,

No, I did not follow the Qlik CLI method because storing files on Google Drive was sufficient in my use case.

Przemek