Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritgupta
Contributor II
Contributor II

It is not possible to upgrade a rim node using Synchronized persistence. Please uninstall the existing version before installing this package.

Hello,

I was trying to upgrade my Qlik Sense server from Feb 2022 to Feb 2023. but it got errored out and when I am trying to install again it is giving me below error 

It is not possible to upgrade a rim node using Synchronized persistence. Please uninstall the existing version before installing this package.

I am attaching the log files which were generated when upgarde got errored out.

Could you please help me out with this as what went wrong and what should I do now? 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Sebastian_Linser

Hello,

there is a second log in the folder (%temp%) where you found your log.

Qlik_Sense_February_2023_20240625224926_017_ServiceDispatcher.log

in this one you can search for value 3 and you will see the error forcing the installation to roll back.

If you have a QSR backup from the February 2022 version, the easiest way is to uninstall the remains for February 2022, reboot and rename

C:\Program Files\Qlik to Qlik.old

C:\Program Files\Common Data\Qlik to Qlik.old

C:\Programdata\Qlik to Qlik.old

then start the installation of February 2023. Once its done stop the services beside the Qlik Sense Repository Database Service, drop the QSR database created during installation and then restore the backed up QSR Database.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/May2024/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_DeployA...

If you need more assistance, reach out to Qlik Support.

best regards

Sebastian

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! 🙂