Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagarwal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

It is not possible to upgrade a rim node using Synchronized persistence. Please uninstall the existing version before installing this package.

Hello,

I was trying to upgrade my Qlik Sense server from Aug 2021 to May 2022. but it got errored out and when I am trying to install again it is giving me below error 

It is not possible to upgrade a rim node using Synchronized persistence. Please uninstall the existing version before installing this package.

I am attaching the log files which were generated when upgarde got errored out.

Could you please help me out with this as what went wrong and what should I do now? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @nagarwal,

In that case it means the installation didn't manage to rollback after the upgrade/installation failed.

You would need to follow below article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Upgrading-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-fails-but-Qlik-Se...

Regards,

Benoit

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hello @nagarwal,

I've just checked your log. In log file named "Qlik_Sense_May_2022_20220728161722_016_ServiceDispatcher.log" if you search "value 3" you will find the exact reason why it's failing:

Product: Qlik Sense Service Dispatcher -- Disk full: There is not enough disk space on the volume 'C:' to continue the install with recovery enabled. 1,650,156 KB are required, but only 1,140,364 KB are available. Click Ignore to continue the install without saving recovery information, click Retry to check for available space again, or click Cancel to quit the installation.

Disk full: There is not enough disk space on the volume 'C:' to continue the install with recovery enabled. 1,650,156 KB are required, but only 1,140,364 KB are available. Click Ignore to continue the install without saving recovery information, click Retry to check for available space again, or click Cancel to quit the installation.

So you would need more space available on your C Drive.

Regards,

Benoit

nagarwal
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hello @Benoit_C 

Thanks for the response. I have Created the space in C drive and Did repair the existing Qlik Sense Installation but now the server is not coming up and many Qlik Sense services (Repository,Engine,Proxy) are missing  from the services. when I am trying to upgarde it is givng me below error

Benoit_C
Support
Support

Hi @nagarwal,

In that case it means the installation didn't manage to rollback after the upgrade/installation failed.

You would need to follow below article:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Upgrading-Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-fails-but-Qlik-Se...

Regards,

Benoit