Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedoge1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Merging backup file

Hello,

I wanted to see if it is possible to merge an older .dmp file with the current database.  I have a site that a setting had been changed and the data started being truncated.  I have an older backup file (.dmp) that contains some of the lost data and I would like to add or merge the data from the older backup file with the current database.  Is this possible?

Thanks

5 Replies
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello!

As far as I know this is not possible nor supported. 

You could in theory restore both databases and then run some sort of compare to update the target one but my biggest concern is that you will run into problem with duplicated keys for example. 

When you say "Data started being truncated" which type of data are you referring to?

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
thedoge1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Qlik is being used by a Video Analytics application that we have installed at the customer site.  The data being stored is info such as number of people who crossed a line, number of people who stayed within a certain area for a specified amount of time, type of object such as vehicle, bicycle, person and facial recognition. 

Bastien_Laugiero

Thank you for the feedback!

Not sure exactly how this is setup but it sounds like you are missing data in your Qlik Sense Application(s).

In that case, if you have a backup of the application stored in \\Server\QlikShare\Apps, a restore of this file may be enough. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.
thedoge1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The problem is that the current backups only go back for a week. I do have
one backup from 2/11/21 that was done before the manufacturer did some work
on the system. My data currently goes back to only 3/1/21. If I could
merge the 2/11 backup into the current database that would give me some of
the data back and I would only be missing the data between 2/11 and 3/1
Bastien_Laugiero

Thanks for the feedback!
When you say "backup", do you mean backup of the Qlik Sense Application?

Bastien Laugiero